Arse Cup

"When a horse like Royal Shakespeare, who has run disappointly throughout the season, can top the [BHB Order Of Merit] list..."
Okay it's shit but the dropping of one small pile does not maketh a complete arse.

SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT! SHUT IT!

Matt Chapman and John McCririck raising the bar on ATR just now.

McCririck's Arse is often over-shadowed by Thommo when he is working for Channel 4. It's only when Big Mac appears on Atheraces that one remembers how much of an Arse he is in his own right.

If McCririck is getting his Arse noticed when performing with Chaparse, it gives us an interesting line of form that suggests that my long term view (that Thommo is a far superior Arse to Chaparse) is correct.

100/1 outsider, but Dave Compton came into the running last night on ATR when saying that Sean Curran had been in good form lately. Jason Weaver then pointed out that Explosive Fox was infact Seans first ever runner as a trainer.

I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed watching the pair of them constantly bickering and ripping the piss out of each other late into the night :lol: I felt like I was an intruder on their private conversation :lol:

Despite having been around since the early maiden arse races I find that I need to re address the qualification rules. Do redeeming features constitute a reason to reduce a candidates arseness? I ask because I find that both Big Mac and Thommo have redeeming qualities whereas Little Willie has absolutely none in my book. You might say that Chaparse is the cause of mild amusement at times. I'm talking myself into plumping for Carsonarse this year.

I see your point. I've never found any amusement in Carson, yet have been rolling around on the floor with laughter at some of Thommos antics. The piece he did at the seaside a few weeks ago (can't remember where it was) was a moment of pure gold comedy :lol:

I think given Carson's winter experience in arseing and the time he's had to train and build up his arseing potential will see him in a different light. Sometimes all it takes is a few months off screen for the real arse to come out and given the time he's had off I think a quote of 16/1 for the Arse Cup could look quite good value come voting time.

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@Apr 30 2006, 07:23 PM
I think a quote of 16/1 for the Arse Cup could look quite good value come voting time.
Exactly when is voting time?

Carson is 13Lbs clear of everbody else. How he is 16/1 amazes me. He is a constant tool. I'll take little Willie in the Arse. Cup anyday.

Originally posted by Griffin@Apr 30 2006, 06:46 PM
I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed watching the pair of them constantly bickering and ripping the piss out of each other late into the night :lol: I felt like I was an intruder on their private conversation :lol:
It's quality when them pair get together :lol:

Compton just keeps going on about the ride he gave Mister Baileys in the Derby, and if he went too soon, etc..

This is beginning to take the form of a major gamble. Is there any 16/1 left in the village?

Although relatively lightly raced recently Dale McKeown is doing an impressive trial for the Arse Cup on ATR at the moment - his analysis of the 2000 Guineas was cretinous.

He suggested that Sir Precy wasn't very well bred - by a top class 2000 Guineas winner out of a September Stakes winner , who was a close third to Indian Skimmer in the Sun Chariot and a valiant fifth to Mtoto in the KG - sounds well bred to me :angy:

Sir Percy at around 7/2 is the worst value in the Guineas. Will Barry Dennis Bismark it or will he be crushingly obvious and clueless as usual and choose GW?

The latter, what a surprise.

I nominate the fat oaf as bookmaker arse.

Originally posted by Euronymous@May 6 2006, 08:48 AM
He'd have strong competition from Fred Done, as anyone who has seen him dressed up as a jockey or Father Christmas in one of his advertising posters will know.

He suggested that Sir Precy wasn't very well bred - by a top class 2000 Guineas winner out of a September Stakes winner , who was a close third to Indian Skimmer in the Sun Chariot and a valiant fifth to Mtoto in the KG - sounds well bred to me

Obviously he is a well bred colt, but relative to others in the field he is not.

John Francome: "If you`re looking for a Derby winner out of this i wouldn`t look beyond the winner."

Is this guy for real? A statement displaying a breathtaking lack of knowledge about the sport.

Originally posted by Euronymous@May 6 2006, 08:48 AM
Sir Percy at around 7/2 is the worst value in the Guineas. Will Barry Dennis Bismark it or will he be crushingly obvious and clueless as usual and choose GW?

The latter, what a surprise.

Nah, I can't have that - that's two weeks in a row that he's bismarcked winners that I backed - his bismarcks invariably drift so I'm happy! :D

The C4 director who 10 minutes before the off of the classic decided to show a piece on the guy who bred Sir Percy....missing out on the build up to the classic and parade ring.

He also cut away from a shot of Aidan trying to load the colt into the stalls himself. And in a nod to the bleedin obvious, what about Thommo inserting himself between KF and AOB as they came together after their big triumph.

Back