Arse Cup

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@May 9 2006, 10:28 PM
Least it's not Thefieldsofathenry pronounced The-fields-o-fat-henry :lol:
Actually, he was known in the yard as either Fields Of Fat Henry or simply Fat Henry - they were nicknames for him. I don't recall him being called anything other then Thefieldsofathenry [correctly] in an official capacity though!

You can forgive people uneducated in any other language but English, and some then only barely, but to mispronounce English language words is unforgivably ignorant. I asked a couple of race callers how they managed to get the pronunciation right before racing, and they generally ask the trainer or an owner beforehand. Even if the name doesn't make much sense, if it's in plain-enough English, it shouldn't represent a problem. One of these days, SOME TIMBERING will have his name called correctly, and not SOME TIMBERLING by dear old Dessie - it makes him sound like a miniature log. And Mr Treacy, one of the owners of PIQUET, will stop calling the poor nag Pickwet!

Catterick racecourse deserve a mention for spelling Brut's name BRUNT on the big screens last night too!

:lol: I trust they felt the brut of your anger, gamla? :brows:

Excuse me, our horse is called BRUT,
Which rhymes with toot, boot or loot,
But you've spelled it Brunt
In a mis-spelling stunt,
Please correct it, you silly old c.............

...oot!

I dare you to enter it at Lingfield now ;) and Luke Harvey's just tipped "Pap pull Bull" as if on queue

Originally posted by krizon@May 11 2006, 01:32 AM
:lol: I trust they felt the brut of your anger, gamla? :brows:

Excuse me, our horse is called BRUT,
Which rhymes with toot, boot or loot,
But you've spelled it Brunt
In a mis-spelling stunt,
Please correct it, you silly old c.............

...oot!
They corrected it after about 10 minutes and it was called correctly luckily!

I'm disappointed with Channel 4...it's ladies day at Chester and there is no sign of Thommo!

Ooh, McCririck more than made up for Thommo's absence with that sickening display just now - grabbing a couple of women and leering down their cleavage.....

No he's not at Yarmouth, Goode reckons he's off somewhere having accepted a better offer.

Thought Clive Tyldsley(sp?) put up a good enough performance in Eindhoven last night to justify qualifying for the Cup.

I hope An Capall doesnt get his hands on Chaparse after he incorrectly called a horse he notified us of - Barney's Dream - as the winner of a tight Limerick photo. Read the fucking result, you cretin. He was done on the line by Convincing.

just caught a snippet of ATR & Thommo was saying that Chapman is auditioning for X Factor? is this one of Thommo's gags or is there any truth behind this??

Maybe he's figured it's the only way to get his arse on terrestrial telly as perhaps the BBC and Ch4 feel they don't have room for him.

'Stars' used to mean people like Jack Nicholson, Petula Clarke, Shirley Bassey, Harrison Ford, etc. - not some little squirt off a racing channel, for God's sake! Just how thick are we imagined to be?

Its not that we are imagined to be thick Auntie K , its that we are. Well 95% of us anyway. Which means 95% of tv producers are also thick, meaning they dont imagine us as thick.
Get me?!

Back