Arse Cup

I'm not too sure about all the nation. There seems to be an increasing number of people who actually like arses.

The most annoying thing about all of the British ATR presenters - deliberately excluding GO'B and kevin o'Ryan - is the way the pass off Spotlight's opinion in the RP as their own. GB is a classic for this. That and the obsession he has with Dobbin. Luke HArvey, Richard Pitman, Emily Jones, Bob Cooper, Zoey Bird...actually all of them bar Matt Doyle pull that stunt.

Hadn't noticed it Garney as not a regular RP reader at home, at least in the paper form anyway but I have noticed that Spotlight does say some odd things about certain horses and I find some of his/her selections baffling.

I flicked over from ATR because they were doing the split screen Uttoxeter having gone off late and have to say although I was watching Hickstead as well this afternoon that is a very poor show . No mention on screen even to say a recording would be played although they had advertised it as part of the programme .
Sir Peter O' Sullevan is quoted in today's post about them losing Goodwood and Haydock as saying " It's sad when the BBC no longer covers many more races than it's namesake, the British Bathroom Centre "

Lee Mottershead definitely has potential to be a challenger with more experience on his side although at this moment in time he is a long way behind the leading contenders.

Chapman before the 2-y-o race at the Curragh yesterday..........over pictures of the O'Brien horse ".................we've been asked to show pictures of the horses going down to the start............some people seem to think it's important"!!!????!!!!

Wonderful, wasn't it? That explains the dearth of parade ring analyses - having someone say "I thought he looked a picture in the paddock" is now so cliche and one person's idea of a picture may be Picasso, and another's Constable, so where does that leave us? More and more of the time now, we're having any real look at the horses shoved out of the way because ATR has the bulk of the everyday courses.

BTW, anyone yet know who has the contract for Great Leighs, when it starts in October? I can't believe there's room to show any more racing in ATR's schedule, unless we're going to dispense with the start as unnecessary, too, and just show closing shots all round. :angry:

ATR is looking, and, with Chapman, sounding more and more like a mere betting show. And if that idiot shrieks 'we LOVE our Irish racing!' and over to 'Gordon Brooooooooon!' one more time, I'm likely to smash him over the head the first time I see him. He is consistently over-excited - I don't know if it's too many E numbers in his diet, or if he's on some special substances, but he makes ATR unbearable every time he's on.

I think you should try and smear some of your new Bold anti pigeon potion on him, Krizon. Perhaps, try firing it at him from one of those high pressure water pistols? Even if it doesn't shut him up, at least he will smell nice! :blink:

He's also making appearances on the WWE as the Ambassador of Quebec or something similar, seems to be making a bold bid to take the crown from Thommo, can't be long till he's seen in the ring.

Tommo used the term "he's riding them to sleep" on four occasions yesterday. Having ridden a few to sleep in my time I am anxious to know what he meant by this. Help.

Sodding ATR too busy showing ads, ended up missing half of the big race at Maisons-Laffitte - and Sean Boyce blames "the busy schedule"!

Matt C at it again. Raving all morning about this gamble at Yarmouth today (forget the name of the horse)---backed from 25/1 into 4/1........describes it as the gamble of the whole flat season......

In the context of him thinking it was the gamble of the whole flat season (remember this is a Monday race meet!) his face was priceless when one of the bookies interviewed on get on stated that liablities were around 70,000 when asked by Matt did the liabilties run into 6 figure sums.....

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jul 23 2006, 03:24 PM
Sodding ATR too busy showing ads, ended up missing half of the big race at Maisons-Laffitte - and Sean Boyce blames "the busy schedule"!
Whilst RUk had a fault all afternoon !

Emma: "What to you fancy Tommo?"
Tommo:"Blah blah blah Ingleby Arch runs like he has been waiting for 7 furlongs blah blah blah over seven - this could be his day!!"
Emma:"But the race is over six furlongs, Tommo"
Tommo:"Ho ho ho ho ho"

ps..Wasn't Alistair the picture of prepared professionalism today?

Another cracker from GG at 3.05 Ripon, where teh draw bias for the far side stalls in soft ground was being borne out from start to finish, but GG - who obviously never saw Fr. Ted's small vs far away lesson to Dougal - had the far side written off from the get go, until the final furlong where the the far side had a 3-4l advantage. I'm sure the boys on betfair will be happy...wonder if he will re-record the race.

Did this really happen? From the RP:

Quote of the day

The inimitable Derek Thompson was on hand to present the prize for the best dressed lady. When told she sold nipple cream for a living, Thommo took a peak down the front of her dress before telling her (over the PA system) “It’s doesn’t appear to work for you.”

All over for another year, then...

Back