Arse Cup

He also said to the winner "The best looking girl doesn't alweays win then" and when she told him that she was a secretary he asked her how many words a minute she could do.

The best dressed woman doesn't always win either...

Anyway, if these women are so vain that they'll put themselves in for the contest to start with, they're fair game for arsism.

I'd be inclined to agree with that - and what is it with the growing trend to stage this bollocks at seemingly every track nowadays?

I was going to mention it yesterday, but relented given that the thread had recently disappeared and Thommo hadn't been putting in the arse performances of legend of late. Thommo introduced the 7 finalists as "we've got some really beauties for you". Possession Derek, you own them do you? and as for "real beauties" :blink: Now I'm not so daft as to realise that the flag of convenience that they fly this beauty contest under "best dressed lady" is little more than an unconvincing euphamism to disguise it's real agenda.... but for Gods sake Thommo. Roughly it translates into "female who Thommo most wants to shag". He couldn't help slipping into 1970's speak either, by introducing them all as 'Miss' this or that, and gleefully pounced the winner "Miss York. She's a nurse folks".

Mind you did anyone see him interview Noseda's missus (Sally?) a petitie and attractive young lady who I'm sure wouldn't give Jeremy a second look under normal circumstances, (but she's hardly unique in following money and status in that regard). Thommo chances his arm;

"How are you going to celebrate tonight if your husbands in America?". For Gods sake Thommo, what sort of a question is that?

Not for the first time I found myself reaching for the phone and wondering whether I should call York fire brigade and send them around to the Knavesmire to hose down a lecherous old man.

Just as a matter of interest, would Thommo's public denunciation of one womans nipples constitute harrassment or assault? and if so if someone reported it, would he not have to be interviewed in line with a complaint received? In fact I don't know why I even bothered asking the question? I know damn well that if he's made an unsolicited move on her, touched her, or sought to adjust her clothing, and then announced to the thousands flocked on the Knavesmire that her nipples don't meet with his approval then I'm pretty damn certain it most definately is a sexual assault.

You're a hard and cynical man, Warbs. 'Money and status' - what, the guy's only just managed his first Group win! And what, pray tell, do you know of HER background before marrying into a far from glamorous, easy life? Now, if it was someone blonde and young smarming round the still-incredibly attractive, if genteelly louche-looking, Henry Cecil, I'd agree. Noseda is no way in that sort of line-up, however pleasant the guy may be. Possibly she just fell in love with him. It happens now and then, y'know.

Originally posted by krizon@Sep 10 2006, 06:03 PM
the still-incredibly attractive, if genteelly louche-looking, Henry Cecil,
Heartwarming comment... there's hope for the likes of me yet.

When I was born, I was so ugly the midwife slapped my mother.

Crikey DO, I'd missed that one the first time around!!!! Aunty - please tell me you were taking the piss with that comment?! Henry Cecil attractive??!!?!!??!!!

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jul 2 2006, 03:50 PM
Showjumping gets preference to the Irish Derby, well done the BBC.
Yes , well done . Cough up and pay for sky( atr ) and ruk like the rest of us have to . I'm, glad to see showjumping on bbc because aside from eurosport they're the only channel showing it .

Shadz - he graced Lingfield with his coruscating presence earlier this summer and I have to say, he looks a helluva lot better in person than in any photograph! Seriously - he didn't look all fallen about and baggy as the photos always show him. He was also jokey and smiling, especially when we invited him to have a Cup-a-Soup, which we were just making! "Ooh, look, they're having lunch!" he giggled, to which we replied he was welcome to a mug of soup or the poached salmon in the restaurant - the choice was his. Seemed to have a lovely personality.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Sep 10 2006, 08:14 PM
Crikey DO, I'd missed that one the first time around!!!! Aunty - please tell me you were taking the piss with that comment?! Henry Cecil attractive??!!?!!??!!!
Ahem Dom. You are a little younger than some of us.

To Ladies of a Certain Age, Henry is, louchely speaking, still very attractive. I can't explain it either... but he does have a certain charismatic quality, a promise of je-ne-sais-pas quite quoi, which even all those wrinkles can't quite eradicate

:D It really is all down to personal preference, isn't it, Griffin? I used to be mad for men with big noses when I was in my teens. A guy with a little snubby nose would never appeal in a million years, and still wouldn't. I've never much worried about the height or even girth of previous encounters with the second kind, but some facial features just aren't attractive. I think the liveliness of the face, especially the eyes, is important. Men can be incredibly chisel-jawed, but if there's little sign of humour or fun, fergeddit!

Ah, so when you get older your taste goes west, Headstrong?! ;) :P

Sorry ladies, just can't see it meself and I can't understand where your ideas on this one come from either Griffin, my age or not....:P

Back