Arse Cup

The Beeb are making a right ****-up of this best QE11 winner thing.

Falbrav better than Zilzal?

The Brigadier Gerard race shown was in high summer. I dont think the QE11 has ever been run in july.

Carson`s dismissal of Dubai Millenium as a great - he was better than anything the little shite rode.

Not totally arsey, but dear Luke Harvey asking a jockey about his mount (forgotten which now), "But what is he like as a horse, himself?" Well, Luke, as against being a part-time brain surgeon, I'd say he was pretty good!

Oliver Bell.......brother of Michael and Rupert, after Stotsfold had won at Chester, was asked by Kemp or Cunningham if the horse was in the Cambridgeshire. His answer was ........."no, but after that performance connections will surely consider entering him" :blink:

Where do they find these clowns? :confused:

Yes, it was extremely annoying not to see the Brigadier's fabulous 1972 QE2 win, I was really looking forward to it.

The ridiculous Persad appeared not to notice, didn't apologise for the boob anyway.

Thommo before the 3.10 Newcastle announces that he thinks it's the best maiden of the season so far!!!!! :what:

Matt Arseman after the race that "take out the two unraced horses at the head of the market and this was a very weak maiden".

Arses of the world should stick together!

Nice depth of analysis by the demented hobgoblin just now.

Anna Pavlova (Form 21612 incl 2nd in Park Hill Stakes)

"Well it's about time this one got her head in front"

Why did the Sultan of Arse, when commentating on the 4.25 at Wolverhampton insist, unlike his colleagues, on calling Qaasi "Khazi"?

Was it his attempt at toilet humour?

A 'qaazi' is a judge, and would correctly be pronounced 'kah-zee'. It would not be pronounced 'kwah-zee' as per the race caller. Accepted transliteration for Arabic words now is 'q' where a hard 'k' is intended. Some other semitic languages still prefer to hang on to 'k', which is why one sees 19C references to Cabool, followed by Kabool, Qabool, Kabul... :confused:

I'm not sure what a 'qaasi' is, though there seem to be some references to it in higher science websites, although in some they've confused it with 'quasi'.

Ah, yes - the same Chapman who has gotten himself a tipping line!!!!!!!!! Never heard anything so hilarious in my life - "Ring my premium rate telephone line to find out how you can get into debt up to your eyeballs!" :lol: :lol:

Did ya just hear that......?

Thommo on C4 ......' OH by the way I think the winning owner of the next race could well be a lady as all four runners are owned by ladies.'

:blink:

and another boom boom...............

Thommo to Ruby after winning on New Little Bric.
' Could you see him getting further after winning like that over two miles ? '
Ruby ' That was two and a half .'

Tommo to woman,"You could well have been an exotic dancer,you've got the body for it,you're my kind of woman!"

Happy Birthday to Matt Chaparse and very many arses in the future! :P

Originally posted by tetley+Jan 31 2007, 11:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tetley @ Jan 31 2007, 11:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-BrianH@Jan 29 2007, 01:49 PM
Will someone please tell Chapman that it's "a hundred to thirty on" and not "three to ten".
What's the difference?[/b][/quote]
The same difference as "It's eight miles to London" rather than "It's sixty-four furlongs to London" - both are correct but one is and has been traditionally used to express measurement. No racing professional would use the expression "three to ten".

I was once given only 99% for a maths exam because one of my answers was 'two quarters'

I was docked 1% for not "simplifying" to 'one half'

I am never going to forget it. Bastard.

No racing professional would use the expression "three to ten".

No of course not, perish the thought. But they would use phrases like, put a monkey on the jolly at carpet.

Freaks.

The best Thommo interview was saved till the last minutes of the prog.

Thommo to Agnes ' What was it like watching the race?'

Agnes ' Well I was that excited I think I missed most of it but you kept saying it's coming up, it's coming up.'

What the flaming 'eck was Thommo doing during the race!!! :lol: ;)

Back