Arse Cup

I expect he's been nominated before but McCririck deserves another one for his latest contribution today. According to him any race with less than 8 runners should be discontinued due to the "fact" that the vast majority of "crooked" races are in small fields. What a ****.

:what: I think these guys just make this tosh up as they go along, mouthing off nonsense in the hope that they draw attention to themselves, Dante. I'd have thought it was considerably more difficult to hide a dodgy ride in a smaller field than in one with 16 or more runners, where you can claim to have been boxed in until too late?

Yes, faute de mieux - and if I see another slapper in bra straps and a silly hat being interviewed I'll throw my voda and grapefruit at the telly

Willie Carson again just before Clive Brittain had his winner said "I can't remember the last time Clive hasn't had a winner at the Epsom Derby meeting"

No surprise to see it was 12 months :cry:

Whoever at the BBC who thought that it was worth wasting half of their Derby Day Preview on last year's winner, despite him doing absolutely sod all since.

I hear he's not planning just a flying dismount, Drifter, but a triple back flip with reverse pike, if he wins. You might need to leave the front door open so you can run howling into the street!

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 1 2007, 07:45 PM
Whoever at the BBC who thought that it was worth wasting half of their Derby Day Preview on last year's winner, despite him doing absolutely sod all since.
Make that the whole sodding thing.

Willie Carson again to Dettori's Dad...

Carson: Well what was it like to win the Derby..

Response: I didnt win it...

Carson: Well ok you came 2nd...

Response: No I came fifth....

Carson: Well you won the 2000 Guineas!!!

Mind you the article on the RP online isn't entirely accurate either - "There was an extra spring in the legs of the delirious Italian as he performed his famous flying dismount from the back of Authorized into the arms of his tearful father, Gianfranco."

Erm, no, he jumped off, then ran across the Winner's circle to grab his Dad and drag, no, virtually carry, him over towards the horse in a massive bear hug!

Exactly so, Shadz. And what height can Papa Dettori be? Three feet four? Frankie towered over him! I take it that the taller, glamorous lady in the trousers and jolly jacket is Dad's squeeze, as Frankie didn't grab her? Not Mama, then?

It would be remiss not to credit Carson with his tip on Friday (which came out of nowhere) for the 4/1 winner of yesterday's feature race at Musselburgh.

Some rare credit due to Carson - tipping up the Coventry second at 25s and with some decent reasoning attached.

Back