Arse Cup

Ray Cochrane on Enticing - Big Chance (even though it should have been 20s)

Ray Cochrane on Dandy Man - Will take all the beating.

How many does this joker want running for him?

Carson had a feeling the Aussies would do no good in the King's Stand and added that the ground would be too soft for them anyway. When reminded by Balding that the track couldn't be too soft because the track record had been broken in the first, Carson said "I didn't think of that". :laughing:

Hurdlers at Bath?

Seriously, he was a bit wanky but I thought it was an admirable attempt to express why the game is so good.

Ray - Cr biggest certainty of the day.

Angus - It`s professional money on Cockney Rebel.

Mugs rather than arses i suppose. Happy Days.

Did people see the little discussion between Willie and Clare about the whip yesterday.

Willie insisting that the air-cushioned whip doesn't hurt, what is the point of it then???

And Clare's eagerness in wanting to use the whip on Willy!!!!!

And whilst I am talking about the whip, why has Chaparse got it in for Seb Sanders?.............. he highlighted one of Seb's rides and said that he can't go on using the whip the way that he does without incurring a lengthy ban.

I quite happily do thirty years to shoot the entire BBC team. Bar none.

Do they do any sport well anymore? They should concentrate on employing people who know the sport and not persist on employing by jobs for the old boys (Dawson) and positive discrimination (Pershad).

Originally posted by the golden drifter@Jun 22 2007, 10:30 PM
Do they do any sport well anymore? They should concentrate on employing people who know the sport and not persist on employing by jobs for the old boys (Dawson) and positive discrimination (Pershad).

Couldn't agree more.

I feel that I have to mention Cochrane on here too.

Before The Hardwicke, he declared that Blue Bajan "has around 20lbs to find with Scorpion".

20lbs eh?

Scorpion is rated 120 and Blue Bajan 110. Scorpion's penalty meant that Blue Bajan, in fact, had 5lbs to find. Racing Post Ratings also had the difference as 5lbs*.

Perhaps I am too much of a pedant, but the point is; how can The BBC employ as an "expert analyst" a man that has just demonstrated that he has no grasp of even the most rudimentary form interpretations? He shouldn't be allowed to get away it.

* incidentally, there was 3.5 lengths between Scorpion and Blue Bajan at the line, which suggest that the official and RP ratings were both about right.

Was Thommo trying to get Heffernan into trouble there? After the QEII, to suggest to him that he's riding as part of a team? Arse!

And emphasising that SOF winning the Irish Derby was a direct pointer to Authorized's chances without mentioning either the ground at The Curragh or the fact that Eagle Mountain was further back.

Thompson speaking to Micheal Bell's wife, who had been thrown off a horse the morning before.

Mrs Bell - "I was catapulted"
Thompson - "Oh, good!"

Back