Arse Cup

The way O'Brien is immediately on the phone taking with the boss(es) makes him appear a lackey which demeans such a talented man. It also reflects poorly on his bosses,they've got tv's haven't they

When he was on the phone straight after the Arc and the Irish Guineas, he was on the phone to his Dad, who's been quite ill.

I agree, I find it intensely irritating too! AOB should be able to concentrate more on the day and what's around him imo. But that's the way they operate I guess - it's in a bubble to some extent

I think Aidan (being naturally diffident) finds the mobile a handy crutch, enabling him to avoid talking to everyone who wants to say well done.

Well, Magnier and the Coolmore boys were all at Royal Ascot, so I would imagine it was his father.

Love the way McCrirrick (doesn't seem to be as wild today) keeps referring to Boylesports as "Spoilsports." Brilliant.

I'm sure you're right, and that is the main reason, but I still find it annoying as it gives off a kind of "This is our show and our concern, the rest of you can jest feck off" - which I'm sure isn't intended!

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jun 17 2008, 05:17 PM
I'm sure you're right, and that is the main reason, but I still find it annoying as it gives off a kind of "This is our show and our concern, the rest of you can jest feck off" - which I'm sure isn't intended!
Aidan O'Brien was not talking to Sue Magnier, John Magnier, Michael Tabor, Doreen Tabor, Derrick Smith etc as they were all there.

Its more likely he was on to his parents or his wife. People really really do read too much into things sometime....

Thought Jim McGrath was at his best failing to notice Art Connoisseur until he was 2l clear and at the point he had stormed the front called Jim Bolger's horse in front. Comical, I think I was tempted to shout LOOK RIGHT !!!!

Thank feck I'm only watching it tomorrow since I'll be there the rest of the week. BBC coverage is worse than abysmal.

Oh, and as an aside, not only is Loughran clueless, he's a whole lot more precious (and far stupider) than McCririck!

Loughran is awful, a point move in the betting and its "significant" or a "major move". He described the St James Palace market as a "fascinating" market despite the fact it was completely dominated by a single horse.

Tell me about it. If I hear the imbecile say once more "....and there's been a major move for X, now 18/1 from 20/1....." I'll scream. The muppet wouldn't know a significant betting move if it kicked him between the eyes. As for that St James' Palace - the last thing it could be described as was fascinating - as you say, it was dominated by one horse and the moves on the remainder were very few. Hardly any punting was going on in the ring for that race. Betting expert my arse - despite which, his court records demonstrate that same fact!!!!! Give me McCririck any day of the week.

DId anyone else hear statto refer to the money for Finsceal Beo one minute as a 'major on course gamble' and then in the next breath call it a 'nationwide gamble'

I always thought O'Brien was just getting the 10p a minute commentaries on the races. Must be bad sound trying to hear them watching on the big screen.

Didn't hear it as was oncourse, but it wouldn't surprise me. The horse was backed from 13/2 opening show to 9/2. In fairness, in such a robust betting market that's a fairly decent move, but nationwide gamble it is not. The guy's a fecking cretin and I can't believe the BBC have taken such a miserable public failure back on their books.

Seriously how many times has Jim McGrath completely missed the leader hitting the front. Took him about half a furlong before he saw the Haggis horse hit the front. Pathetic.

I was simply so appreciative to learn from Mr McGrath that a seven furlong race was considered the right race for horses that find 6f too quick for them and 8f just a bit too far.

Such insight and wisdom.....

What does Kevin Darley bring to this shower too? It's time they got some broadcasters in rather than just ex-jockeys who clearly can't cut the mustard.

Balding is the only one I have time for on the beeb.

This James character really needs to visit the tattersalls enclosure at Doncaster on a Friday afternoon!

Hang on - James is the only one with any dress sense. If they must show such excessive amounts of fashion coverage (which they don't - they should cover this in a separate TV programme altogether and let the rest of us watchTHE RACING), then at least have someone who has some taste and he does.

Far too many smirking women who think they look wonderful when they don't.

Tell it like it is, James - gets my vote!

Back