Arse Cup

Chapman on ATR during the presentation: "and if you're watching in Australia, this is what it's like to have a real monarchy..."

:P

Warbler, I don't at all object to a certain lightness of touch, but when it forms the bulk of the broadcast, then that's unacceptable.

Today, the Radio 5 broadcast had very little about the racing, except during the commentaries, but plenty about fashion and "celebrities".

Part of John Hunt's otherwise superb commentary on the Gold Cup today had to be taken up by he and Luke Harvey talking about the background to some of the leading contenders, something which should have been done before the race, not during it. Harvey was ok today, no problems with him at all, but Lysaght and the bloke in the studio were just embarrassing.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jun 19 2008, 08:24 PM
You sure, Trackside? He must've done a double header then - Derek Thompson was definitely at Ascot this afternoon.
I was sure I saw him with Holmes and the crew in their top hat and tails sitting at Great Leighs.

Anybody else see it?

Thommo was definitely at Great Leighs at around 5pm, in full Ascot regalia, working a crowd in a tent who were watching the racing from Ascot. He was pulling raffle tickets from his top hat.

Clearly ATR are sympathetic employers, to both staff and audience. "What a pro I am", Thommo would have been saying to himself driving around the M25 this afternoon, with or without nail in foot. "Thank God he's in a tent at Great Leighs and not in the ladies' toilets at Ascot", the ATR audience were saying.

Next year they should send McCririck to Great Leighs as well. His knowledge of racing really is tenuous, as exemplified by his clinging to and playing to the hilt a half-insight that maybe Shane Kelly kicked too soon on Geordieland.

..........and, of course, Matt Chaparse was bound by contract to rubbish McCririck's thesis.

You can't beat these spontaneous moments of live television, they take your breath away, don't they?!

You have a wonderful race meeting like Ascot with two television channels covering almost all the racing and yet neither of them have a clue about what the horse-racing enthusiasts want.

Surely we deserve better!?

Thompson can be a tedious commentator but often have a chat with him at Taunton in the little cafe bit upstairs. Nice bloke to chat to and pretty sound, I think he is only the way he is in the front of camera to be more entertaining. off the screen genuinely nice bloke, who is quite comical to chat to.

Crikey, Thommo must have been impressed with having to do that then! He was definitely at Ascot earlier in the afternoon, what a double header to have!! In fairness to him, that also goes to show that he wasn't being a Chapman type arse by dressing in morning dress for the sake of it either.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Jun 20 2008, 07:17 AM
I think he is only the way he is in the front of camera to be more entertaining.
About time someone told him it doesn't work shrug::

(I secretly like the guy too!)

Zoey Bird is an absolute top class arse, timeform 140

She is a bigger arse tha Thommo doing an interview in the chester bathroom, when she is trying to be an expert .

A pathetic character.

Rishi: "The oaks is a race that can leave it's mark on a horse, especially for a filly"

Honestly, this is dire.

And that mad woman off the Apprentice too, desperate stuff.

Credit to Clare for keeping a straight face with the Princess Haya double entendre.

On Sheikh Mohammed

"He's very giving man. He likes to give much than he does to receive"

I`m missing Francome and non-Aussie Jim at least making an effort to cover the form prior to a race. Where are CH4 at on saturday?

Jim McGrath

Nahoodh was disappointing in the 1000 Guineas when she was 7th, and then ran poor in ireland

-----

What planet is he on

I wonder do jockeys/trainers interviewed by Rishi have any respect for him at all? Did Manning even answer his question re celebration?

Back