Arse Cup

I thought George Primarolo was Blue Square's PR manager?

Maybe they've got more than one, Statto was giving the Blue Square odds at the Blue Square footie match on Setanta the other day and it said Angus Loughran Blue Square PR Manager on the caption.

George Primarolo is the Blue Square PR representative. Like Rory I am unaware of any involvement Loughran has with Blue Square and would be highly doubtful that they would even want to employ someone with such a dubious history, for starters. I'd guess (and hope!) that the Setanta caption was wrong and that, as it sounds like Blue Square were the sponsors of the match, Loughran was quoting their prices as would be the norm.

Relkeel would know the answer!

Last edited:
I'd like to noninate the Art Director of the RP for putting the Eiffel Tower on the front page of the Post today as a backdrop of Paris, instead of the Arc De Triomphe :rolleyes:

Is there any reason why the RP are brandishing a headline offering the "best Arc review" but have yet to post any results from Sunday? I've got a feeling Fridays results might have appeared at 1 minute past midnight? I've tentaively done some ratings, but would rather use their times and standards. Are they prevented from posting French results until the following day? or are they arses?

I forgot to mention Rishi Persad's assertion that Zarkave "can't win" the Arc and that if she were to do so he would walk back from Longchamp.

Hope the blisters have healed!!!!!!

Gary Wiltshire on the Nanny's pitch at Ascot today posted up a message pre-racing on his board saying they would like to welcome Rishi back after finishing his 400 mile walk back home...

2 Observations.

The racingpost site is flagging an upcoming 2 part interview with that narcissistic numpty, Frankie Dettori. They describe him as 'the most popular jockey in racing.' He is not even the most popular jockey at Godolphin.

Then the commentator on Sky when Engerlund were playing Borat's lot. He said that Lampard and Gerrard were giving the ball away a lot and 'that you'd never see them doing that for Chelsea or Liverpool.' Yeah, right.

2 Observations.
The racingpost site is flagging an upcoming 2 part interview with that narcissistic numpty, Frankie Dettori. They describe him as 'the most popular jockey in racing.' He is not even the most popular jockey at Godolphin.

AC I presume you don't spend much time on UK racecourses. Like it or not, it's always Frankie who is the biggest draw - and who has the most people asking for his autograph. He IS the most popular jockey in the UK by a long way - with the general racing public, if not the purists

My nomination for today is the atr race caller who didn't even notice Duty Doctor flying in from the back of the field and round about the furlong pole intoned "Mazaris wins it from Seventh Cavalry..." - tough on anyone with their head in their laptop betting in running LOL! Iirc he didn't mention the winner til he'd just pipped Mazaris on the post!

He's also just noted soon after they left the stalls: 'Summer Lodge who takes the lead in 4th' !! :rolleyes:

My nomination for today is the atr race caller who didn't even notice Duty Doctor flying in from the back of the field and round about the furlong pole intoned "Mazaris wins it from Seventh Cavalry..." - tough on anyone with their head in their laptop betting in running LOL! Iirc he didn't mention the winner til he'd just pipped Mazaris on the post!

He's also just noted soon after they left the stalls: 'Summer Lodge who takes the lead in 4th' !! :rolleyes:

A poor commentary indeed "Seventh Cavalry is going to finish second again" was what I heard, but surely no-one bets in running according to what they hear on commentary? Better to use your eyes, I find ;)

My nomination for today is he who calls himself Thommo for failing, in the first at Musselburgh, to mention the winner, Hotham, until 75 yards from home.

I forgot to mention Rishi Persad's assertion that Zarkave "can't win" the Arc

I'd like to nominate myself for not recognising the typo at the time!!!!

I'd also like to nominate the RP for two of today's articles. Firstly, the reporting of Reg Griffin's death. All they could possibly bring themselves to say with regards to Jim McGrath was that they were "partners in racing" for many years. It is well documented that Jim and Reg were a couple and had been for many years - they themselves were quite open about it. I can only imagine that it must hurt McGrath that the RP refused to recognise their relationship for what it was - can they not bring themselves to admit that some people may be gay? McGrath must be grieving very much anyway, he doesn't need petty behaviour like that to add to it all I'm sure.

Secondly, I'd like to nominate James Willoughby's article on Frankie - jeez, is he engaged in a pissing contest with Brough Scott and Lee Mottershead over who can come out with the most unnecessary gushing flowery prose? I left my paper at Goodwood but the guff line early doors about him making riding look easy nearly made me choke! If someone has a copy, please do put up the comment, it involved Dettori being the sublimination of the physical difficulty in riding equines or similar, yet even more gushing and flowery than that!

Last edited:
I'd also like to nominate the RP for two of today's articles. Firstly, the reporting of Reg Griffin's death. All they could possibly bring themselves to say with regards to Jim McGrath was that they were "partners in racing" for many years. It is well documented that Jim and Reg were a couple and had been for many years - they themselves were quite open about it. I can only imagine that it must hurt McGrath that the RP refused to recognise their relationship for what it was - can they not bring themselves to admit that some people may be gay? McGrath must be grieving very much anyway, he doesn't need petty behaviour like that to add to it all I'm sure.

I'd no idea Reg, not that I knew much about him was gay, maybe Jim preferred keep it private, who knows? I don't remember reading much about Paul Nicholls various relationships in the Post but there you go.

I would like to nominate Chapman for his analysis of the Rare Bob/Trafford Lad stewards but it's getting boring nominating that ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to nominate Chapman for his analysis of the Rare Bob/Trafford Lad stewards but it's getting boring nominating that ****.

Seconded!

Also his gushing intro for Michael O'Leary.

He really does love the sound of his own voice.

The border guard who told me off for not using the level crossing deserves a mention in this category - obviously not enough work to do.

I wish - was cutting through traffic (which was backed up down the coast anyway) and he whistled at me and pointed to the level crossing 20 yards away :(

Well I've heard some awful commentating and I've some dreadful ones too but step forward for the king of Arse, Aussie Jim !!!!

As Spacious is full of running looking for room we get "Spacious is dropping away and struggling", to which when she is plodding on once out looking no treat at all we get "Spacious is staying on strongly again".

I don't think there is a worse commentator in racing, I really don't.

Back