Arse Cup

I'd no idea Reg, not that I knew much about him was gay, maybe Jim preferred keep it private, who knows?

Reg and Jim were quite open about the fact that they were a long standing couple, they didn't try to hide it and it was very well known. You'd have thought that Jim would have been accorded the respect of being Reg's partner the same as any long time partner or wife.

Number one candidate today has to be Sandra Noble, RP Analysis writer. Now, since the last month or two, the RP analysis has been written away from the track in the main, when it used to be done oncourse. The comments writers are still oncourse though. Have a look at the comments for Box Wallah, winner of the 1410 Kelso yesterday. held up, steady headway halfway, chased winner approaching 3 out, led before last, held on well, finished lame, dead.

Then the analysis on same runner : Having previously raced only on soft ground, conditions seemed to suit Box Wallah. Closing down the leader from three out, he led at the last and stayed on dourly to see off the late challenge of the second. The five year old was weak last year, according to his trainer, but has now filled out and may be sent chasing. However, his current hurdling mark suggests there could still be opportunities in this sphere :eek:

I thought that myself but if you read the end of the analysis it does mention that the horse was fatally injured.
You still would have thought they'd have edited it though.

I thought the C4 camera work - or, more accurately, the C4 producer's choice of cameras - in the closing stages of Saturday's Champion Stakes was very poor.

So did mine, Gareth, and that is clearly outside the producer's control but he didn't give us any real perspective until very late on in the race. As it turned out, there were no challengers to New Approach but if there had been any I'm far from convinced that we would have seen them.

Tony Kenny from William Hill interviewed on ATR saying he cannot believe Rip Van Winkle is still favourite for the Guineas. Well err Tony why not have a word with your odds compiler then!!

I need confirmation that I heard this right. BBC R4 Today programme at about 6.30AM today. There was a piece on new regulations to keep the Islamic baddies out of UK. The corresspondent tried to say 'that it will be easier to have them 'excluded.'

What he actually said, I think, was 'that it will be easier to have them 'exploded.'Was I imaginging things?

Thanks Gareth. I was nearly sure I heard 'exploded.' Maybe it was the state of slumber, or the fact that I watched 'Rendition' before going to bed last night. Or maybe as Sheikh indicates, I am a subconscious neocon.

You're not kidding...................."And here comes Roznic to lay down the challenge..........." - Roznic is approximately 15L down at the time, and making zero impression.

Useless old arse.

Clare B seems to be getting even more breathless and whispery during her canters around the parade rings these days.

Bizarre assertion. I take it you'd have preferred it if Dean McKeown was on board?

Track a fast early pace, send him on miles out and set it up for a late closer.

Even forgetting about the Hennessy and it being his seasonal return in soft ground, for the race today it was an awful misjudgement of pace. Much the best horse in todays race but the way he was ridden today did not show it.

Track a fast early pace, send him on miles out and set it up for a late closer.

Even forgetting about the Hennessy and it being his seasonal return in soft ground, for the race today it was an awful misjudgement of pace. Much the best horse in todays race but the way he was ridden today did not show it.
Watch it again Gal ~ he travelled like a dream and went on only because the outclassed leader dropped away. If the pace had been too strong then the real closers would have dominated but they didn't and if Charlie Mann had him 100% fit, he'd have been an impressive winner. Roll Along was primed to the minute for today's race and the runner up slammed the rest of field by leagues.

I thought AFO burned the rest of them off easily enough. He looked to have Roll Along stuffed as well, but got tired at the turn and found one too good (under a very good ride). I think he went the same pace throughout. Was too much for all bar one. Nothing wrong with the ride.

Back