Arse Cup

I backed Roll Along today as Mann said before the race that AFO would probably need the run, and RA has won fto every year he's raced and had his conditions. 2nd prize money was probably good enough in the circs, and they would no doubt rather win the Hennessy! I didn't think it was a bad ride, I agree with Rory on this, he's a serious horse who just got done for fitness int he final furlong

Anyone else very irritated by Jonathan Powell today? :mad:

During interview with Jim Lewis kept referring to memorial plaque at Exeter as the grave of Best Mate. Was surprised Jim did not correct him actually but probably did not want to turn what was supposed to be a sensitive moment into an argument.

Then just before the Haldon while interviewing Colin Tizzard and paying a tribute to broodmare Dubacilla he says, 'she was bred by Henry Cole - who is standing next to Colin, but Jonatahn takes no notice of this at all. Despite the fact that when he asks Colin how many racing foals Dubacilla has Colin then asks Henry who replies.

What a wally - you would think he would have known Best Mate was buried at Cheltenham at least!

Haven't seen the racing today but I'd be surprised if Jonathan Powell were to be presnting, especially for ATR - he'd consider himself a cut above them I'm sure and go for RUK if he were to do any presenting!

Oh Crikey - now I am beginning to be as bad as them! At least I am not being paid for it. :eek:

Just got Sky so have not figured out who everyone is yet.

I did wonder because usually Powell writes okay so wondered how he had become so bad in person.

Anyway, I am not protesting that he offended Jim Lewis, just that what he was waffling on about was incorrect and therefore a waste of viewing time. Does not matter to me who he was offending, he could at least have done his homework beforehand!

Homework beforehand?! :D

Nah, that'd be too much effort for a lot of these presenters!!!

I only thought it was strange since I couldn't for the life of me see Jonathan Powell condescending to be an ATR pundit!!

What a wally - you would think he would have known Best Mate was buried at Cheltenham at least!
I know. I still can't recall that moving ceremony with the little coffin without bursting my hole laughing.

Funniest Bob Cooper moment today was when he turned round to interview Brendan Powell having just been wittering into his mike - and Brendan had vanished! "He was right here just a minute ago... this is a bit embarrassing actually" remarks Bob... er, yes!

A few minutes later he's found Brendan and is trying to interview the winning trainer - who's having a bit of bother ungirthing - or was he saddling up?? - a fractious horse... so Brendan is dodging the thrusting mike and trying to see what he's doing... and most of what he says vanishes under the horse's belly. Priceless

Victor Chander's David Pipe Special (as advertised on the front of today's Stable Tour pullout in The Racing Post):

Number of 2009 Cheltenham Festival Winners:

4 or more - 3/1

Is this the worst value price ever offered by a bookmaker?

VC odds compiler, hang your head in shame, you arse.

That is pretty shocking,if the odds where for say Alan King you could almost say it was feasible with his record at the festival.
Paul Nicholls would be long odds on if those prices are a guide surely!

Victor Chander's David Pipe Special (as advertised on the front of today's Stable Tour pullout in The Racing Post):

Number of 2009 Cheltenham Festival Winners:

4 or more - 3/1

Is this the worst value price ever offered by a bookmaker?

VC odds compiler, hang your head in shame, you arse.

33/1?

Garney

33/1 would be more like it. I would certainly be happy to lay at least 20/25.

If you are suggesting that it may be a mis-print - it clearly isn't (they are 11/10 0 or 1, 7/4 2 or 3). The percentages add up to 109 (ie what they would want to bet to).

For what it's worth, the 11/10 0 or 1 is cracking value - I just can't be bothered to tie-up my cash for 5 months at that price.

Last edited:
Did Alastair Down actually watch the Fair Along race? Keeps banging on about how he saw out the trip really well and that Hobbs must be wondering why he didn't step him up before now. Erm... didn't he pretty much fall over the line?

Whoever decided that it was a good idea to show Granit Jack's fatal fall in this years' National Hunt DVD review needs shooting.

Whoever decided that it was a good idea to show Granit Jack's fatal fall in this years' National Hunt DVD review needs shooting.

Virtually impossible to excise really, but who on RUK allowed that particular section of the race to play in the background when doing their calendar piece really does want shooting.

BBC commentary on the Beecher Chase..

A New Story just falls after the commentator mentions he is going well...had a right horrible fall and the commentator says "sorry for giving him the kiss of death"...

Then Jim McGrath with Mr Pointment clearly coming off the bridle and finding nothing says "Mr Pointment is coming into it"...

Back