Arse Cup

I don't know who the pairing on RUK was yesterday Kri but The Shoe is Eddie Freemantle, not Jonathan Neesom who you'd been mentioning in the same post with regard to RUK's coverage.

Cant stand neesom myself his self pinionated and sarcastic remarks every time they went over to a race at catterick were nausiating,he really is dreadful.

Yes, Shadz, I know that Eddie Freemantle is called 'The Shoe' - Jonathan Neesom was doing the sniping sarcasm unseen, from RUK's booth, while EF was doing the outside work. I'm sick to death of hearing how Neesom always 'can't wait' to be at some PtP in the depths of Ruritania - if only he'd bog off and stay there, and give the PtPers the benefit of his charmless, churlish chunter.

Okay, time for a whine about Bob Cooper on ATR at Folkestone today. There wasn't one useful "interview" with anyone. There was a rambling monologue from Jamie Poulton, where I'd be a millionairess if I'd had a fiver for every 'you know' he uttered, in a mainly pointless piece of puffery. Later, Cooper approached Harry Dunlop and opined knowingly: "Well, she's obviously a winner - she's won three times." (Gosh! Thanks for that! I'd never have realised it if it hadn't been mentioned at the top of the show, or that her form line showed 11 before that win.) Didn't know that BILLY BEETROOT won at Brighton yesterday. Everything was a total bumble - stumbling about trying to find something almost intelligent to ask the trainers, but leaving the best of the worst for Dunlop's four owners. Having asked their names, and being told that the speaker was a Mr Gearing, was there with his brother, and the woman owner was Tina Blockley, he looked at her and asked the man, "And what's the name of your mother?" Baffled owner: "No, not my mother. My brother."

I'm starting up retirement fund-raisers for Dessie Scahill and Cooper - please give generously when you see me.

Just bumping this up the board in time for tomorrow. Inevitable.

Don't want people wasting time searching for the thread...

jamesSherwoodPortrait.jpg

And we're off!

Get On is an absolute car crash here, all the interviews going wrong.

Tried to interview Scenic Blast's jockey Steven Arnold but they had clearly rang his mobile so the signal had to go via Australia between Ascot and the ATR studio. Could Steven not find an English mobile to borrow or a landline at Ascot? :confused:

I love James SHerwood - at least hes honest about the fashion and says what most of us are saying at home - tatoos are a no go for a start! And why do we have to be nice about everyone when we think they look bloody awful? They are spending a fortune and looking terrible!

Why does the Ascot guy think that Amour Propre being part-owned by John f***ing Inverdale is a "great story"?

Really sees what he wants to see, doesn't he?

Anyone else hear him call Scenic Blast go 'three or four lengths clear'?

Firstly he actually did not spot the winner until he was a couple of lengths clear...at that point he said he was blasting clear when in fact he was coming to the end of his run and was being closed down.

Last edited:
Really sees what he wants to see, doesn't he?

Anyone else hear him call Scenic Blast go 'three or four lengths clear'?

Scenic Blast was never close to being that distance ahead. It's embarassing and it almost makes you wonder what you're watching. Why did he shout about Scenic Blast in the early part of the race? I thought the horse was being pulled up listening to his commentary!

Masterofthehouse, isn't worth me spit,
Comforter, philospher and life long shit.
Cunning little brain
Regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover
But there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature
Landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted
Living with this bastard in the house!

The guy's vision has evidently gone - 3 to 4 lengths clear when it was a length and a half , let alone only noticing Fleeting Spirit at the last minute . At least he wasn't " careering away" :mad:

The dreadful double act between Wiltshire and Parrott almost makes you nostalgic for Statto. So far this afternoon however the demented pixie has been relatively sufferable.

I love James SHerwood - at least hes honest about the fashion and says what most of us are saying at home - tatoos are a no go for a start! And why do we have to be nice about everyone when we think they look bloody awful? They are spending a fortune and looking terrible!

No he isn't.

He always says nice things about people to their face, and only launches his bitchy attacks from the safety of edited clips when they aren't within punching distance of him. I'd like to see him go round Pontefract on a Tuesday criticising people to their faces. Basically he's a rank southern woosie who contributes jack.

If he wants to be catty then I suggest the beeb do live feeds of him stopping people as he spots them, and criticising them to their face and don't surround him with an army of BBC minders in the process. I wonder how honest he'd be all of sudden when he realises that his antiquated class snobbery might cost him a broken nose.

Anybody can be honest and nasty with it from the safety of a commentary booth and edited voice over clips Jinny

Back