Arse Cup

Why does the Ascot guy think that Amour Propre being part-owned by John f***ing Inverdale is a "great story"?

Pet hate of mine, but it broadly falls into the grandiose and self-regarding status that the media bestow upon themselves. They frequently confuse reporting news with trying to make it. You see a mixture of blatant and subtle examples of it all the time (radio 5 are particularly terrible for it) although they were the victims of one of the most hysterical examples I've ever heard when the listeners basically turned on the every dim Victoria Derbyshire to the point where she had to cancel a phone in.

Jim McGrath always goes well over the top about Australian horses and makes them out to be superstars. You can take the guy out of Australia but.....etc etc. It's also pretty damn clear when he's backed a horse from his commentary alone.

McGrath's tips today;

Main Aim
Scenic Blast (nap)
Evasive
Red Jazz
Woolfall treasure
Angels Pursuit

In terms of telegraphing his bets (through his commentary) he has to be worst out there, it actually makes for an amusing listen though

Did you catch the bit at the start where he was telling us how good the view was?

Basically "People who complained about the view at the new Ascot are idiots because I can see EVERYTHING from up here in my privileged position paid for by your license-fee".

Did you catch the bit at the start where he was telling us how good the view was?

Basically "People who complained about the view at the new Ascot are idiots because I can see EVERYTHING from up here in my privileged position paid for by your license-fee".

:lol:

He's useless, has to employ people to point horses out for him in races too... :whistle:

No he isn't.

He always says nice things about people to their face, and only launches his bitchy attacks from the safety of edited clips when they aren't within punching distance of him. I'd like to see him go round Pontefract on a Tuesday criticising people to their faces. Basically he's a rank southern woosie who contributes jack.

If he wants to be catty then I suggest the beeb do live feeds of him stopping people as he spots them, and criticising them to their face and don't surround him with an army of BBC minders in the process. I wonder how honest he'd be all of sudden when he realises that his antiquated class snobbery might cost him a broken nose.

Anybody can be honest and nasty with it from the safety of a commentary booth and edited voice over clips Jinny

I'd agree with that though don't think the Southern part is necessary to get the point across :p

I'd like to see someone punch him as he frankly deserves it.

Here goes...

How is Willy Carson employed? He is devoid of every required characteristic to be a TV presenter.

Not sure how anyone could back him when he was a jockey either with any confidence as he just seems to be mentally ill.

Ha did you just see what Gary Wiltshire did?!

Right, there's a horse in this race called Lush Lashes and she's favourite, and this girl who works for the bookmakers Coral had nice eyelashses so Gary.... ahh you'll never guess what he said, it was so witty...

He only went and said "Claire from Coral here has Lush Lashes!"

Ahhhhh hilarious, what a funny man.

TWAT!

Getting really sick of seeing that clip from the racing school with that horrible little man. I dont think there are many trainers who allow jockeys/lads to be jump up without a leg up if you can't do it well you f**k up the horses back. In fact at one yard I worked in it was a sackable offence!!

Any chance we can just lock this thread - every 20 seconds there's another real Arse Cup moment, there's James Sherwood, various Brucie moments, that girl with the hat over her face and Andi Peters all there just then.

They defo get Team of the Year at the BBC.

I'm getting sick of Richard Perham too! He was a prat when he was on ATR so couldn't see him changing. I would imagine he like the sound of his own voice. Why they get instructors who talk to youngsters like that I don't know - the last bloke was the same. I have never been able to jump up on a horse - no spring whatsoever but then again when I get legged up, I am not like a leaden lump!
The girl standing next to pratPerham is a good friend of mine.

Rishi whathisface asking the same question of Eric Libaud twice - what a prat... memory of a goldfish or what?! (viz: Is this the best winner you've trained?)

I'm getting sick of Richard Perham too! He was a prat when he was on ATR so couldn't see him changing. I would imagine he like the sound of his own voice. Why they get instructors who talk to youngsters like that I don't know - the last bloke was the same. I have never been able to jump up on a horse - no spring whatsoever but then again when I get legged up, I am not like a leaden lump!
The girl standing next to pratPerham is a good friend of mine.

Perham was tolerable upsides Sidebottom now he was an annoying Cee U Next Tuesday.

Indeed. Bookies are always coming up with laudable concessions, but i'd like to see some that involve somehing like - if your horse wins by x distance any rule 4 is cancelled. Or if your horse is withdrawn at the start and you've punted ante-post - void bet. Makes a lot more sense than if z player scores from a header and your bet loses you get your money back.

Thoroughly pissed off with the adverts on ATR, I took their advice and pressed the red button - oh! joy of joys! Chaparse and Geoff Lester two arses for the price of one. I turned back to the adverts............over the years I have met thousands of fascinating people - good for you, Parky!:mad:

Who on earth decided to give Rishi a job? He's horrendous - he knows nothing about racing, he's not funny, he's not charismatic, he's just a rather unintelligent pain in the arse.

Back