Arse Cup

Horrible to see the snivelling Paul Roy yesterday ... overly praising the BBC for their amazing coverage, and saying it's exactly what racing needs. With someone like him at the top, there is little hope for British racing.

I wish one of these ladies would give Thommo a good kicking where it hurts,Cattermole looks totally embarrassed by it all.

You can't understand why forfeiting 10% of winnings when a 6/1 chance (14.3% of the book) is withdrawn favours the punter?

I agree that rule 4's favour punters over bookmakers, however I disagree with your assertion that a 6/1 chance takes out 14.3% of a book provided by bookmakers. When was the last time one of them bet to 100%.

I wish one of these ladies would give Thommo a good kicking where it hurts,Cattermole looks totally embarrassed by it all.

:lol:

What's he been doing again? Has he been on the letch? Unfortunately Thommo can't help himself, whether it be laying siege to the ladies toilets at Chester, presenting prizes at Doncaster and York, or pratically pinning Hendersons daugther to the floor at Sandown. The former example was my favourite, but for sheer spontanaity and professional abandonment of duty his Henderson moment was 'Thommo gold' too.

I can't remember what the name of the horse was that she'd ridden midweek to victory in some point or something, but it gave Thommo a double entendre he wasn't going to pass up, and true to form deadly Derek converted it.

BBC Fashion Interludes

I presume this must have been discussed before, but could there really be people who tune in just to watch these 10 minute tangents between every race? It seems unlikely that people tuning in for the racing would prefer this use of airtime to any other (to me anyway).

Definite filling of racial quotas behind Rishi's hiring. He wouldn't have been plucked from attheraces with others left there if it was on merit.

Balding & Carson ar*elicking Godolphin - "you'd have to be miserable to begrudge them that win" - erm yup they've done a great job training that one for a maximum total of 48 days since it left Andre Fabre!

The fashion team should be scrapped, all a bunch of pompous arse holes. Ruins my viewing pleasure, tbf, i thought the Queen looked like an advert for Toothpaste today, but of course, she is 'style icon', bleh.

Balding & Carson ar*elicking Godolphin - "you'd have to be miserable to begrudge them that win" - erm yup they've done a great job training that one for a maximum total of 48 days since it left Andre Fabre!

It only arrived 3 weeks ago, so they have only had 21 days to ruin it, (note to self, it only takes Godolphin probably a month to ruin one)

I think you're being generous giving them a month Flame - interesting that FG had him down as in training with SBS from 3 days after her latest success.

Who wants to see Yeats being saddled up when there's fashion to be had. Can't they give it a rest at least prior to the feature race?

Sherwood is an absolute wanker. "Grey top hats look sooooo hired"

Anyone would think there isn't a recession on....

ATR-Far too many interviews,Matt "tango on speed" Chapman and Bungle Cooper

Beeb-Fashion fashion fashion and the fashion expert mincing around putting everone down and standing there like a china doll.

Give it to racing Uk-at least they talk about the form

Sherwood is an absolute wanker. "Grey top hats look sooooo hired"

Anyone would think there isn't a recession on....

After all that was said yesterday by the BHA about trying to broaden racings appeal, and the curious flattery of the BBC's coverage (curious given that the BHA supported a recent petition against Auntie's coverage) I really think they ought to have a discreet word with the Beeb about Shrewood whose class snobbery only helps reinforce the stereotypes they're trying to break down and sets racing back decades.

I'm so hoping that someone's just going to belt him

This Apprentice Jockey thing...

Is awful, truly awful. Kevin Darley cited as a hero... come on!

Reckon the horses they use on the gallops are Gladiatorus and Eastern Anthem?

Absolutely pathetic.

What the hell was that moron Perham doing flailing all over that poor bloody animal? The whole notion that they don't get a leg up is absolutely bizarre.

Absolutely pathetic.

What the hell was that moron Perham doing flailing all over that poor bloody animal? The whole notion that they don't get a leg up is absolutely bizarre.

I can understand it with jump courses, because if you get unseated and all that, but on the flat just don't follow im afraid.

Rishi

Just wanted to know were BBC got him from because I thought his interview with Frankie and connections was absolute dire asking the same question in different context about 3 or 4 times.

His performance all week in my opinion has been dire with poor paddock views and constant talk about the small change in his pocket in all due respect Calire and Willie have carried him throughout the week, can anyone fill me in on what previous he has within racing?

Cheers

Back