Arse Cup

So what's John Parrot then?

(thread merged again - subject had already been raised here, didn't need a new one...)

can anyone fill me in on what previous he has within racing?

Don't know anything about him, but if my prejudicial antenna is working I'd say he's a public school boy prat, who was born into a family of influence. Strikes me as if he could have had parents in the diplomatic corps or something similar. I'm sure he's no sports background as a player of any distinction, in much the same way as Hazel Irvine played netball for her university or was it hockey (something like that being her claim to fame) so he's been able to gate crash the gig for reasons beyond ability one assumes and that normally involves a family connection aka Claire Balding. To her great credit she's proven herself, but would she have got the foot on the first rung otherwise?

If I'm wrong. Then I whole heartedly apologise to Rishi
:o

I don't see the need to single out Rishi....bar Clare they are absolutely all awful.

The RP TV preview of the Coronation Stakes is a must see. The opening question from Ms Lambe is "Can one of the 1000 Guineas winners win this?" sets the tone...

They mention Again as likely to suffer as there is no obvious pace in the race (no mention of the like Coolmore pacemaker Chintz), they mention Rainbow View not running to last year's brilliant form (eh her thrashing of the great Fantasia?), Baliyana now needs soft ground despite her trainer wanting a sound surface and her disappointing on soft ground in the past....

They come to probably the right conclusion that the Newmarket 1000 Guineas winner will win, but so many holes in their arguements its frightening.

While not blaming them for pulling down the overall standard, if you insert token minorities, fashion "experts" and minor celebs like JP, you lower the overall expectations and quality so it doesn't matter what fools they plug in. If you attempted to maintain an extremely high standard where only the best were hired, then such hirings would be seen to be as poor as they should be.

Rishi clearly meets the standard required. It's a very low standard, but he meets it. Pretty ugly to see his ethnicity being continually brought into it.

Nobody does these immediate post race interviews particularly well. You get the impression that because they have to be at the ready down on the track with microphone in hand they don't get an opportunity to see the race.

Rishi Persad's parents apparently used to have a stud farm in his native Trinidad and also owned and trained a few horses there, according to his biog on the BBC.

I'm not a big admirer but I thought he was comfortable doing the snooker at Sheffield.

Well Rishi just wraps up this whole comp nicely after asking Henry Cecil "How are things healthwise?" when the guy looks like hes just walked out of the morgue and is struggling with stomach cancer - cringewothy wasn't the word - yes I know you can ask but its just the way you do it!

Henry batted it off in typical style: "Well, I'm still alive, aren't I?"

Can't believe the guy has the energy to keep going if he's undergoing treatment.

Henry really doesn't look well does he? Spring last year he had a 7 hour blood transfusion. Poor bloke.

Rishi shot up the arse ratings this afternoon with his pathetic show of ignorance over the pronunciation of the place name in Stone Of Scone. He's a f*cking racing presenter. Can't he f*cking ask Willie Carson before they come on air? Doesn't he even know Perth racecourse is in the grounds of Scone Palace?? Has he never heard of the Stone of Destiny?????

Back