Arse Cup

Can anyone explain to me where Ted Walsh and Eamonn Dunphy fit into all of this?

No :lol:

It was just one of those slightly bewildering contributions that left us wondering what was going on. Wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry

Did anyone else have the misfortune to watch The Morning Line on Saturday and hear the howler that went uncorrected for the rest of the programme?

Francombe said something like how stupid it was that Sea The Stars was spelled SEA and not SEE. Jim McGrath hooted and said it was obvious - Sea from his dam Urban Sea and that Stars made sense since the colt was by Galileo. I kid you not - nobody picked up on the obvious mistake! Honestly, this was just too bad, when they all profess to adore both the colt and his exceptional pedigree. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, now, now, leave the curmudgeonliness to Honest Tom, dear!

How else were they going to fill the afternoon and keep their presenters in work? I'm a wee bit surprised that, following Setanta's demise, half of them haven't had the chop, to keep outgoings as low as possible. To be honest, I enjoyed both for a change. In fact, I'd really like racing to change completely (she says, with a Marie Antoinette-like wave of her gloved hand) - a perfect afternoon would be two Flat turf races, one hurdle, one chase, one Arab, one harness, one AW, one kiddies' pony racey-wacey. I can see that Ffos Las could manage that little lot for my amusement, so I think I'll bung 'em an e-mail with my brilliant suggestion.

Who says we can't excite the public to come racing?

I'd say it would be a crowd puller.

Aussie Jim as past it as ever on Saturday failing to even notice We'll Come until he was two lengths clear

Thommo must be losing it,he only mentioned Mystic Meg four times during the commentary of Astrodonna's win at Yarmouth yesterday.

"I notice he seems to be doing a few more tracks now?"

Yes, Gal, I think I heard or read somewhere that he thought he was getting rusty just calling for the Beeb so he went looking for more work.

Anyone noticing any improvement?

Callers are damned if they just call the race, damned if they don't. I don't mind if they don't fill the day with wisecracks, inane prattle, and awful puns, to be honest - provided they can get the horses right, don't assume everyone knows what 'the Findlay/Bloom colours' are (if racing is genuinely trying to be all-inclusive, then say what the damn colours are), and can manage to call the first four home correctly, I'm quite content with them doing the job they're paid to do. Stand-up comedians I don't want.

talking of Gordon Broooon

his analysis today for the Great St Wilfred -

"it's one of those sprints though....horses in and out of form....the ground....the draw....."

The best caller by far is not even doing horse races, He,s Mark O'Sulivan you can here him do the calls from Wimbldon, he's also now on Befaire radio in fast run opens some lasting unerder 29 sec, he gets in a full call yet the bloke you here on ladbroaks is a plonka. I think they shoul hold a contest to find the best, Tomo IMO. dose not bet he's just promoting his tipping most of which I then lay good old Tomo, I don't know his name but the bloke who dose the cycling comentrys is fast he may be good,

The most ruffled I've ever seen STS in public was whilst within a couple of yards of Derek Thompson. Coincidence?

The best horse in many a year has just won one of the premier all aged G1 races of the year. No sight of this however on the BBC website main page, where they have stories highlighted about sports such as Moto GP (don't even know what that is!).

Can anyone remind me why the RP were (are?) campaigning to keep racing on the BBC?

Back