Barney Curley

I know some people on here hate this sort of thing, but I absolutely love it. There is something about the rascality of it all that gives such a buzz. Hope he gets the four timer up.

I know some people on here hate this sort of thing, but I absolutely love it. There is something about the rascality of it all that gives such a buzz. Hope he gets the four timer up.

Would you go for the 4-timer or would you pull it as a NR? I wouldn't say the money is immaterial, assuming they're on at much bigger odds they've 'done alright' with 3 winners, but the legacy is probably in the 4/4 rather than 3/3 + NR. If I was a punter with a yankee betting slip of the 4 of them at reasonable prices I think I'd want a NR!

Last edited:
Would you go for the 4-timer or would you pull it as a NR? I wouldn't say the money is immaterial, assuming they're on at much bigger odds they've 'done alright' with 3 winners, but the legacy is probably in the 4/4 rather than 3/3 + NR. If I was a punter with a yankee betting slip of the 4 of them at reasonable prices I think I'd want a NR!

No id go for it. All duck or no dinner. I assume Patents, Lucky 15s etc are all well in profit. Hope it wins.

Wonder who got hit and for how much. Bookmakers rarely tell the truth one way or he other.

He's a kent is what he is. If i was unlucky enough to have a horse running against him today I would hunt him down and chop his nuts off for being a cheating *******.

He's a kent is what he is. If i was unlucky enough to have a horse running against him today I would hunt him down and chop his nuts off for being a cheating *******.

The method is one he's often used before. Find a horse that used to be good but has deteriorated. Run it a few times and then give it a break and see if you can cure or at least alleviate the problem that has caused the horse to go downhill. If you can, then it's back to the track and hit the bookies.

The money went on early, the public saw what was happening and had the opportunity to join in, or to stand aside at least. Only the bookies got hurt but I doubt any of them have lost serious money.

Anyone who can nail the bookies should get the thumbs up. As long as they have enough in the safe to pay me.
Anyone who has an issue with it, just send Big Mac round.

I'm with Digger here. Much as I love to see the bookies skinned, this sort of caper only harms the integrity of the sport.

When I speak about racing to friends who know nothing of it, a common response is "it's all fixed anyway isn't it?"

Days like today add fuel to that fire and align racing with other sports perceived to be bent, eg cycling.

Hope Ladbrokes got a fecking pasting mind.

Back