Betfair Chase Haydock Park Sat Nov 24th

From the Racing Post stable tour facility. Alan King on My Way :

"The extra time will have done him no harm as he´s notoriously hard to get fit early on; he does it all so easily on the gallop he´s hard to stretch at home. But we´re getting there ... I´m not going to spend much time at this stage worrying about his festival target next March. There is only one Gold Cup, but if we were to play to our strengths we´d go for the Ryanair, because 2m4f to 2m6f is probably his optimum trip. I have a slight question mark over his ability to get 3m2f; remember, he was coming to the end of his tether over 3m in the World Hurdle a couple of years ago. We´ll see."

Given he's actually had a run, remains clearly the form pick ahead of everything else in this bar Kauto, goes on any ground and doesn't seem to be inconvenienced whether they go fast or slow, why is Exotic Dancer almost 9/1 on Betfair for this? Is there a doubt about his participation? Have I missed Jonjo telling everyone that he's accidentally eaten the entire stables weekly feed?

Is there a doubt about his participation?

I'm blocked off Betfair here, but the place market would give you a better indication. If word is out that he is badly lacking for fitness you might get offers of 9/1 on the win market (although it would be a tad brave). If they were going over 2/1 on the place market though there would have to be a doubt about his participation.

There's also the possibility that AP could be claimed for Witchita Lineman at Ascot so he would need a different jockey.
Dobbin who has ridden him before would probably be claimed for Monets at Huntingdon so maybe Noel Fehily?

Yeah, just looked now and the RP already have him down next to WL at Ascot. Wouldn't be particularly worried about a now jockey though, especially given Kauto has one too.

Wichita Lineman is in at Haydock too Arkers - the yard have run one in the race before off top weight (Rhinestone Cowboy) and could possibly kill two birds with one stone and get McCoy on both Exotic Dancer and Wichita Lineman.

The horse looks as if he needs knowing and McCoy has ridden him in four of his five wins in this country.

Dobbin is the only other jock to have won on him in this country.

Not sure he rode him beautifully in the Paddy Power, he was dropped right out in a steadily-run race. Rather fortunate the horse had 3 stone in hand I think. Cheekpieces rather than McCoy seem the key to him imo.

It is the way the horse has to be ridden though .

As for AP let's see if he can sort out Racing Demon now - if anyone can he can

Anyway getting back to the race....

I am sweet on My Way De Solzen but he doesnt have a great first time out record. Imagine this will put him spot on for the King George.

Back