Big Brother 8

Best one would be the electric chair scenario.

First eviction takes place, then three days later they appear via Al-Jazeera-esque video link in a room with an electric chair and the evictee sat in it.

The camera cuts out and the contestants are all bricking it for the next 3 months.

Then when they come out nobody cares at all and they're all re-united and have been taught a lesson in courting publicity

Originally posted by Dave G@May 31 2007, 09:26 AM
By the way, the non smoking squash drinking welsh girl will win.
As she is only a couple of lengths behind Shabnam and Charley in the "I'm A Complete Twat And Should Have Been Euthanised At Birth" Stakes (jointly sponsored by Lillets and British Gas), I doubt it.

All will become evident in the fullness of time.

I'm liking Ziggy. He scored huge points last night for crying because he misses his dog :wub: He seems a nice chap, realises some of the girls are too silly for words and I'm enjoying his chats with Lesley.

I've just trawled through all this, having a slight crisis of conscience that I hadn't looked at it under my (still) moderating responsibilties.

I have not changed my opinion one whit. Big Brother is still cheap TV, opiate for the masses, utterly pointless and deeply unpleasant.

Just in case you were wondering, I don't like it.... :suspect:

Nobody has posted on this thread for a month! Am I the only one here still watching? :laughing:

I've just backed Gerry on Betfair to win. I'm on at 10 and apparently his price has been shortening a lot these past few days. In most polls he's the favourite housemate so I figured it wouldn't hurt to bet on him now with a view to laying off at a much shorter price nearer the end.

Originally posted by Griffin@Jul 9 2007, 01:29 PM
Nobody has posted on this thread for a month! Am I the only one here still watching? :laughing:

I've just backed Gerry on Betfair to win. I'm on at 10 and apparently his price has been shortening a lot these past few days. In most polls he's the favourite housemate so I figured it wouldn't hurt to bet on him now with a view to laying off at a much shorter price nearer the end.
You are not quite alone - I believe my missus still watches it.

I agree with your thoughts on Gerry, however, in keeping with my "He's not a gambler, He's a bloody accountant" personality, I have been building a portfolio of wagers on this years event, with a view to laying off at some point.

Liam 12
Amanda 23
Gerry 11
Sam 18.5
Chanelle 8.2 :ph34r:

This will be why Brian is now favourite. :laughing:

I am contemplating laying Liam now (pardon the phrase). The only problem I can see with that, is that I think he's going to win.

I think it's between Gerry and Liam but come the final I'm hoping that as Liam has already won 100k, everyone will vote for Gerry to win so that he can have some cash too.

Surprised you're even watching it to be honest. Chances are though that your view is typical of the British public and the whole thing will be dead within a couple of years (if they don't revert to something like the original format).

Originally posted by cricketfan@Jul 28 2007, 02:20 PM
Surprised you're even watching it to be honest. Chances are though that your view is typical of the British public and the whole thing will be dead within a couple of years (if they don't revert to something like the original format).
TBH I caught it this morning on 4 and was drawn into watching it, like rubbernecking at a car crash!!!

Originally posted by ovverbruv+Jul 28 2007, 07:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ovverbruv @ Jul 28 2007, 07:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cricketfan@Jul 28 2007, 02:20 PM
TBH I caught it this morning on 4 and was drawn into watching it, like rubbernecking at a car crash!!! [/b][/quote]
That's what they all say......................... :suspect: :D

Nice to see they called the Australian housemates on an ugly fish looking telephone.

Those twins were absolutely bloody hideous.

I hope the 52yo wins.

I think the Twins are excellent as well

Mind you Carole makes me laugh

Im so sick of Channelle though, god she is annoying

The twins have really grown on me, ever since they did the telepathy, funniest part of BB7 IMO.

New guy, Jonty = Mr Bean, and did that girl in the pink dress think she looked good???!!!

yeah I've had enough of Chanelle, a jealous and narcisstic creature if ever there was one, although could say the same about charlie.
Anyone miss Charlie by the way? hated her on one hand and yet I liked her opportunistic wind ups, as I'm sure that's what she was essentially, a complete wind up..lol!

all gone a bit quiet in there now, just hope Jonty gets in proper as I think there's a lot to come from him, more so than any of the other newbies, and I'd like to see him take the pee out of Gerry who needs bringing down a peg or two imo.

Everyone seems to like the twins...I've barely understood a word either has said, and still don't know one from t'other... :laughing:
Brian's home and dry would you say?

yeah, the twins telepathy :laughing: :laughing:

Yeh i can't stand Chanelle either, selfish little brat, but then agin, i wouldn't be allowed to even if i did! As i thought at the start, from what i'd heard bout her shes being driven insane in the house. Maybe with her background she wasn't the ideal person to go in there.

Brian seems a good bloke if not a bit dopey, but the fight he had with Charlie i think will have put his chances up a bit.

Back