Black Caviar

269364_315692258515115_919030486_n.jpg

A safe arrival sees her price shorten, into 4/9 best now and that's on the brink of going looking at Betfair.

Imagine once a "she's settled in well" message has been released she'll be 2/5.

Must be an horrendous flight stuck in something like that. I remember seeing a picture of Persian Punch disembarking in Australia prior to a Melbourne Cup bid, and he looked absolutely exhausted, bless him.

I'll be taking this animal on with Society Rock at around 14/1, a very decent animal in his own right.

I don't care if Caviars won 650 group ones over there, this is a game of chance and four legged animals running at Ascot, the price is ridiculous and I hope the guy on SP saying sell your house to back him is doing so himself.

There'll be no better feeling for me than seeing the jolly run a shocker and my one win cosily with a lump on at 14's.

I don't do all this 'unifying the masses' stuff. Apart from Frankel I'd love to see every unbeaten horse get turned over at some point, and good debate as to why it can happen.

Otheriwse I'll pack the game in through bordom and lack of decent betting opportunities.

Nuff said.

Last edited:
There'll be no better feeling for me than seeing the jolly run a shocker.

Apart from Frankel I'd love to see every unbeaten horse get turned over at some point.

I really don't understand this schadenfreude, or indeed why Frankel should somehow be immune.

An answer to what though.

My opinion is, perhaps not put clearly enough, that the jolly will have to run a 'shocker' to get beat.

I obviously don't want to see him in distress, and a close second to Society Rock would be fine.

Last edited:
That's very different to wishing for Black Caviar to run badly, which is how the original post read. Plenty of people take obscene pleasure from the failure/misfortune of others, which I find thoroughly unpleasant. Some of them even make banners.

No no I'm not one of those people, hate gets you nowhere.:ninja:

A 'shocker' for Black Caviar would be getting beat wouldn't it, that's what I meant.

Seeing those picures of her reminds me of that film from way back; Tron. Not sure why [as never actually saw the film].

I was reading the 21 facts about her that British Champions Series has compiled about her, one for each of her victories.

Number 4 is interesting:

4. Her fastest 200-meter (one furlong) split is :9.98 between the 600 and 400-meter mark in the Group 1 Lightning Stakes (her 19th win) earlier this year. She's the first horse in Australia to break 10 seconds for a furlong in an official Thoroughbred race, giving her a top speed of 72.14 km/h or 44.83 mph.

I was reading the 21 facts about her that British Champions Series has compiled about her, one for each of her victories.

Number 4 is interesting:

4. Her fastest 200-meter (one furlong) split is :9.98 between the 600 and 400-meter mark in the Group 1 Lightning Stakes (her 19th win) earlier this year. She's the first horse in Australia to break 10 seconds for a furlong in an official Thoroughbred race, giving her a top speed of 72.14 km/h or 44.83 mph.

On a point of order, she didn't break 10 secs for a furlong - 200m is marginally shy of that distance. Not knocking her, just being a pedant. :ninja:

Here's a question for all cyptologists.

What did todays comments from Black Caviars connections on the 1st an d 3rd page of The Racing Post really mean?

Here's my options.

A) Due to crop cycles, time of year and just generally the way the horse is, the horse won't be at its very best for the Golden Jubilee.

B) We'll make sure she's not at her best for the Golden Jubilee

C) We're more fearful of the opposition than we first let off.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Here's a question for all cyptologists.

What did todays comments from Black Caviars connections on the 1st an d 3rd page of The Racing Post really mean?

Here's my options.

A) Due to crop cycles, time of year and just generally the way the horse is, the horse won't be at its very best for the Golden Jubilee.

B) We'll make sure she's not at her best for the Golden Jubilee

C) We're more fearful of the opposition than we first let off.

Thanks in advance.

A and C

Horse isn't sparkling since the trip....and these Poms might not be as bad as we thought.

Back