Black Caviar

A schadenfreude on behalf of the jockey, laughing at the rest and making a statement in the process.

Very nearly came back to bite him.

Last edited:
you knew the jockey was going to ride her like that before the race?

she had loads in hand..she was slowing as she thought the race was over because the jockey eased..she actually picked up again when asked

it was the worst ride i've seen for some while

Loads in hand!!!... she's won by a sliver. Who would have won in another twenty yards? You were right she won, but I'd leave it at that if I were you. I'm trying to congratulate you :)

Last edited:
Was she able to change up against this competition? I'd like to see a couple of those up against her again. Perhaps you're being blind to how good she really is. I believe you are underestimating the others.

if she had won by 5 you would have still been on about her not being much cop..so whats the point?

she just coasted the whole race to my eye..lets see what others think eh?

watch the replay again
BC is a bridle horse and jockey stops psuhing between 5oyds and 20yds out,
fully pushed would not have won by more than 1/2 lenghts

she shoudl have run today to a mark of 122/123 no more than that and being generous

stud beckons

Loads in hand!!!... she's won by a sliver. Who would have won in another twenty yards? You were right she won, but I'd leave it at that if I were you. I'm trying to congratulate you :)

why do i need congratulating?

i don't understand the mentality of people not wanting to see a great horse win a race ..just because she's from other shores

i don't understand the mentality of people not wanting to see a great horse win a race ..just because she's from other shores

This is not it at all. I loved seeing her, she was the best horse in the race and I glad she won. But I was prepared to back against her at the odds.

Can you at least see why I did that now?

I loved seeing her, she was the best horse in the race and I glad she won. But I was prepared to back against her at the odds.

Can you at least see why I did that now?

no...simply because you didn't know she would be so badly ridden..and thats what has caused the result to be so close

if you think that was a good ride..then we are definately never going to agree

i'm not wasting any more time on this..if people think that was a great ride and represents how superior she is..then all power to em

Steve, well done. Your angle miles better and more profitable than those suggesting she was value at long odds on. Disappointed MC didnt win.

You're being daft now the one I backed was from other shores (France).

We are allowed to back against odds-on shots you know.

Well done to the Midnight Clouds backers and well pointed out by Gareth that Longchamp is an easy 7f.

Steve, well done. Your angle miles better and more profitable than those suggesting she was value at long odds on. Disappointed MC didnt win.

what angle?..lmao..oppose a horse because she's trained in Australia with about 10 osses over period of 2 months just because they are double digit odds..our cat can do that :lol:

Last edited:

Thanks... I think Moonlight Cloud is much better than many believe. I have to concede she was beaten by the better horse on the day. But I'd love to see a rematch.

We all were all over MC ew, when she was double figure odds. I call that a GREAT angle.

what angle?..lmao..oppose a horse because she's Australian with about 10 osses over period of 2 months just because they are double digit odds..our cat can do that :lol:

The angle of finding value against a 6/1 on shot I suppose.

That's what occurred to me. But aren't some of the horses she's beat in Aus supposed to be high class animals?

They are, and she is - but under very different circumstances to today.
The real pity is today's result will give ammunition to the knockers of Australian racing, when the reality is that Black Caviar is still probably one of the best sprinters the world has ever seen.

EC
Is this you holding your hand up? :lol::lol:

if people think that was a great ride and represents how superior she is..then all power to em

Who's saying it was a great ride? It wasn't. That doesn't mean it wasn't sensible to back against her. Jockeys not giving their mounts great rides happens in every race. She's won despite that, but let's not be over-protective about her.

They are, and she is - but under very different circumstances to today.
The real pity is today's result will give ammunition to the knockers of Australian racing, when the reality is that Black Caviar is still probably one of the best sprinters the world has ever seen.

EC
Is this you holding your hand up? :lol::lol:

i already said i was wrong about MC..looks like your reading skills match your winner picking ones..i even bolded it for you

but anyone on here who thinks that was a good ride is an idiot imo

maybe i should do what you do..get it wrong 99% of the time and then disappear for a few days whilst folk forget

Last edited:
Who's saying it was a great ride? It wasn't. That doesn't mean it wasn't sensible to back against her. Jockeys not giving their mounts great rides happens in every race. She's won despite that, but let's not be over-protective about her.

how much did you get back on the win?

i don't back in races like this..not that many exist..i'd rather just watch..there are thousands of races to bet on..i just find it sad to want really good horses to lose..very sad

She is a great sprinter. No one's is denying that. Personally I think she has done brilliantly to come here and win and it is a credit to her connections that she has.

My point all along has been the very difficulty of this didn't make her an odds-on shot.

I think suny summed it up. She's probably lost three or four pounds though age like Goldikova did and that, plus her jockey's inexperience on the track (did he have any other rides during the week) bought a mid 120s filly into her vicinity.

Back