Bloodstock 2011

Well I've not been involved in this game for long but my god that sale was something else. I truly believed I'd have a fair pick of the yearlings I liked but that was not the case at all. Eventually picked up 3 lots, 83, 375, 406 but was given a good solid slapping by messrs magnier and mo on a couple of others a lovely Montjeu and a New Approach who I think will become a star of a stallion. Hopefully next year will have some fun and who knows the Guineas, Derby and Oaks 2013 might be a little closer.

Well I've not been involved in this game for long but my god that sale was something else. I truly believed I'd have a fair pick of the yearlings I liked but that was not the case at all. Eventually picked up 3 lots, 83, 375, 406 but was given a good solid slapping by messrs magnier and mo on a couple of others a lovely Montjeu and a New Approach who I think will become a star of a stallion. Hopefully next year will have some fun and who knows the Guineas, Derby and Oaks 2013 might be a little closer.

Oh, I really liked the Dancer colt - good luck with him.

Catalogued: 508 (2010: 689)

Offered: 446

Sold: 364 (82%: 2010; 75%)

Aggregate: 51,634,000gns (+7% despite 25% reduction in number of horses offered)

Average: 141,852gns (+32% -record for Book 1)

Median: 100,000 (+43% - record for Book 1)

Top price: 1.7 million guineas (2010: 1.2 million)

No. of 500,000gns + lots: 9 (2010: 8)

Leading consignor: Highclere Stud (for the fifth consecutive year), 25 sold for 4.126 million guineas.

So what was the lowest price one sold for? We never seem to hear about the lower end...

Bottom 10 genuine sales (i.e. not bought back or unsold):

193: BC by Duke Of Marmalade ex Makarova 7,000

298: Ch C by Exellent Art ex Queen Isabella 11,000

81: Ch C by Nayef ex Festivale 16,000 Link to video

62: B F Duke Of Marmalade ex Elegant Pride 17,000

411: B F Authorized ex Vyatka 20,000

391: B C Shamardal ex Tullnally 20,000

322: CH C Singspiel ex Royal Rose 21,000 Link to video

163: B C by Duke of Marmalade ex Lasting Chance 22,000 Link to video

410: B C by Oasis Dream ex Vivianna 25,000

214: B C by Sir Percy ex Misplace 25,000

257: B C by Sir Percy ex Night Over Day 26,000

No problem - I have all sorts of other stats like average return for individual stallions, all stallions at a stud etc. if they interest people.

Very interested in the average return for all Stallions standing in Ireland if that is not too much trouble?

As much as you feel like putting up, Miesque, please. I only look at the emails and Owner & Breeder mag these days, so first-hand additional info is always welcome, plus any insights from yourself.

I'd be really interested to see some sales stats too Miesque, look forward to seeing what you can pull together - thanks in advance.

The "lowest" figures are a bit of a misleading statistic, as they only pertain to Book 1, selected to be better than Book 2, etc.

The figures for Book 3 will reflect the lower end of the market.

The "lowest" figures are a bit of a misleading statistic, as they only pertain to Book 1, selected to be better than Book 2, etc.

The figures for Book 3 will reflect the lower end of the market.

I'll have those when those books have sold. Even I can't see into the future!

Anyone going to Tatts tomorrow should take a look at lot 1666, a painted son of I Was Framed. Would he be the first coloured TB to go through the ring there?

Back