Bloodstock News 2010

5 of the top ten sold on the first day are by Galileo - this is the first crop he produced under the "private" fee. He also sired Teofilo who had one in the top 10. Some sire.

256 looked like a gorgeous colt - OASIS DREAM ex FIRST, full brother to PERFECT STRIDE. Fell to John Magnier at 320,000 gns..

Coolmore very busy - Ferguson definitely appears to be selective and even then has a limit that he will not go past.

Who deals and who doesn't in then UK ? Who would you not bother ringing if you wanted a stallion at lower than the advertised fee ?

Can't think of anyone offhand who might not deal, although you'd have to have the right mare to get some deals, I guess.

Probably Juddmonte might not want to play on some of their stallions.

They certainly don't seem to want the MANDURO fillies at all!! Two haven't even got a bid so far and one of them looked a complete madam!

Manduro dined out his whole career on that victory over Dylan Thomas. It would appear his progeny are unable to do the same.

Been trying to buy over the last couple of days been bloody hard work especially yesterday although the median is well down there is strong competition still for the nice colts.

It's the same old story - good horses will always fetch decent money. The filly trade seems incredibly patchy, couple of decent looking pedigrees going for reasonable money, although the webcam quality at Tatts is so appalling, it's difficult to see what any individual looks like.

I'm just wondering what the trade will be like next week!! Particularly next Thursday!

I see the HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR ex MRS MARSH didn't exactly set the world alight at £100K. Obviously not a great individual, as I would have thought he'd fetch a more than that, especially with Coolmore having bought CC.

Manduro dined out his whole career on that victory over Dylan Thomas. It would appear his progeny are unable to do the same.

Not DTs true form for me and didn't he lug in behind as well?

Whether or not Manduro is a success at stud, denigrating him as a racehorse is ridiculous. He was campaigned in good company for four years and by the age of five he was an absolutely top-class horse. There's no reason to think Dylan Thomas didn't give his running at Ascot with Notnowcato and Red Rocks well behind. Notnowcato in particular was in the form of his life at the time.

Table Mountain win in the maiden at Navan yesterday was only the second individual winner on the flat for Milan. It surprised me that he hadn't had a few more.

Back