Bloodstock News 2010

I had read your post. That's not a reason.

He seemed to have a problem finishing his race which caused him to lug in behind Manduro.

I think the running off a straight line in the King George was different.

Manduro is one of the most overrated horses of recent years for me - it is hard to believe after a couple of years of being at best placed in group races behind the likes of Librettist (a 121 ish horse) that he is suddenly a low 130s horse. Not for me.

Manduro is one of the most overrated horses of recent years for me - it is hard to believe after a couple of years of being at best placed in group races behind the likes of Librettist (a 121 ish horse) that he is suddenly a low 130s horse. Not for me.

But surely not to believe it is to ignore the evidence of your own eyes. He clearly was an improved horse at five and a very good one too. If you want to take Dylan Thomas out of the equation for some reason then look at his superiority over Notnowcato at Ascot. On his previous run, Notnowcato had beaten Dylan Thomas in Ireland. On his next run after Ascot he beat Authorized in the Eclipse and even on his run after that, when beaten at York, he got closer to Authorized (4l) than he had to Manduro at Ascot (5.5l).

There's no reason at all why a horse shouldn't improve from four to five and Manduro did. Only my opinion, of course.

I agree he definitely did improve from 4 - 5, but I just think the ratings for him at 5 were a little high. Apologies if I give the impression I don't think he was a high class horse, but I think DT was superior, but obviously the run at Ascot doesn't show this.

Must be, Sheikh. He was a gorgeous looking colt, apparently but even so!!

Anyway, this year's the worst ever for BkI, so can't say have much hope for next week's sale, and our Compo colt, although he's done nothing wrong - yet - and is typical of his dam.

Tim Hyde bought a Nayef colt at the Tattersalls foal sales last year, which hasn't been resold, so so it's likely we will see him in the Coolmore silks next year. He also bought a Teofilo colt which was resold this week, ironically to John Ferguson.

Got the Compo away for £26k, so at least he's made a profit (nom cost us £6k and keep for us is negligible), which not too many folk can say this year, that's for sure. Laughed when auctioneer said 'ready made 2yo' - he is so not that but when he strengthens up, as Songy's all do, if he has an engine, he'll make a very nice handicapper for someone.

Congrats on your sale - pity for you Dunlop made such a pig's ear of Fareer's campagn this year as he could probably have won a Group 3 of some sort, and that would have been a very nice thing to have in the catalogue.

Thanks guys - it was OK for him as he's on the weak side and he was the 2nd highest prices Compo sold.

Nancy Sexton's doing the RP Sales blog and she says it's like a morgue1

Thorman has a really nice BAHAMIAN BOUNTY colt going through late today - he reckons :lol: at about midnight tonight. Says there'll only be the two Tatts sweepers, an auctioneer and him and Sara there when it goes through, so many buyers have left.

So if anyone's looking for a decent colt at rock bottom price, bid on!

Back