Bloodstock News 2010

And, even better, deciding to put more in Ireland. Interesting to see some NH trainers now wanting a bit of the burgeoning Flat action, especially now more Americans, sheikhs, and the Aga are keeping horses to race in Ireland. Your racing economy might be on a sudden upswing!

I think things seem to finally be swinging in Darley's favour this year.

Dubawi and Shamardal have been huge successes and seem to have given Darley what Coolmore are desperate for - 1m/10f sires. Galileo and in particular Montjeu are the middle distance kings but I think these two young upstarts will soon be the premier miling stallions.

Dubawi's may not be big but bloody hell do they try....

I think things seem to finally be swinging in Darley's favour this year.

Dubawi and Shamardal have been huge successes and seem to have given Darley what Coolmore are desperate for - 1m/10f sires. Galileo and in particular Montjeu are the middle distance kings but I think these two young upstarts will soon be the premier miling stallions.

Dubawi's may not be big but bloody hell do they try....

Dubawi and Dubai Millennium weren't the biggest either.
Good job they can try the way Dettori rode at the weekend. I hope the filly in particular comes out of that race okay as was given far too much to do and he made hard work of it for her.

Last edited:
Coolmore just bought the sales topper...550,000 by Invincible Spirit out of Saoirse.

Next year will be particularly interesting to see if Dubawi and Shamardal can maintain this sort of impression. It will be a big year for Coolmore with the likes of Dylan Thomas (son of Danehill) and Excellent Art (son of Pivotal) having their first runners.

Get the impression that Tattersalls next week will have even more of the better quality Irish bred yearlings this year than usual.

Arcano has been retired to stand at Derrinstown. As a very speedy Prix Morny winner he should get plenty of support. There are two adverts for him in today's Irish Field.

A FORMER employee of Sheikh Mohammed in Australia has been sentenced to two-and-a-half years in jail for fraud.
Donna Maree Turner admitted stealing nearly Aus$800,000 from the Sheikh's Darley Stud operation between 2007 and last year.
According to ABC online, Turner said she was motivated to steal because she felt inadequate in the workplace surrounded by enormous extravagance and wealth and that she was suffering from "poverty phobia".

Any relation ? :whistle:

Coolmore go 1.2m for a Galileo filly at Tattersalls. Highest price for any yearling sold in Europe since 2007.

Saw the TEOFILO ex ALLELUIA go through and though she was 'cheap' at £100k, although difficult to see what she looked like.

Have to say prices don't look too buoyant..

"Suffering from poverty phobia" - oh, I love that line of defence! Did it perhaps not occur to her to leave and go work for a homeless shelter, so she could feel especially fortunate for a change among people for whom poverty was a great deal more than a phoney phobia? Doesn't say much for Darley's auditing system if nearly a mill could go missing over three years - I'd fire the accountants while I was at it.

20746.jpg

The sales topper.

MAKFI officially retired to Tweenhills, where he's all yours - or, more appropriately, your mare's - for £25,000 a bonk. (He's suffering from ringworm, hence the decision to not pursue the career after he's been treated. Mind you, he can't exactly start his new career until he's been treated, either!)

BTB: I see you're off down Mammary Lane again...

Last edited:
Seems quite a lot. Especially when you consider you could have his father for not too much more if those are the bloodlines you're interested in.

Back