Bloodstock News 2010

Bully, he's got a few other promising types like Cai shen and a few decent but exposed types like Forjatt. It's their attitude that I like. Similar to Dubawi's offspring.

Gal, they are behind both Coolmore and Juddmonte but the Coolmore stranglehold of a few years ago is not as strong as it was. Galileo is the premier European sire but since they lost Sadlers Wells and Danehill we've seen the emergence of Dubawi, Shamardal, Oasis Dream and Dansili. It's certainly levelled the playing field somewhat.

Hamm, not intentionally!!

I think there's a bit to go before we can say the balance of power has shifted. Even good stallions have quieter years. Coolmore have heavy hitters in Gal, Danehill D and Montjeu and who knows what else will come through, Dylan T or Mastercraftsman.....

Bully, he's got a few other promising types like Cai shen and a few decent but exposed types like Forjatt. It's their attitude that I like. Similar to Dubawi's offspring.

Hamm, not intentionally!!

Fair enough, and you can't really argue with a sire who is as far clear in the rankings as he is, especially considering the quality of mare he would have been sent.

I just wouldn't go overboard.

It hasn't shifted. But it's not one way traffic any more.

Dubawi looks as though he will be top class - but Shamardal is still a long way down the leading sires list.

The rise of Juddmonte is surely far more noteworthy than Darley. Dansili, and Oasis Dream are regularly throwing up top class performers.

Darley have Dubawi, King's Best and Cape Cross.

Then they have Iffraaj and Librettist who have made waves as freshmen.

And their unproven stallions look better than Dylan T or Mastercraftsman:

New Approach, Shirocco, Teofilo, Manduro

Lets see Iffraaj and Librettist do it for a second year (have seen lots of first season sires fall off on year two) while I am not going to give them anything for horses that have not even had runners on the racetrack yet.

Nice to see 2 sons of 2 lovely Cheveley Park fillies line up in the same maiden at Doncaster today.

King's Best has done nothing bar Workforce.
Last I remember he had been shipped out to France. Darley won't bring him back on the strength of one horse unless the owner wants to stand him here independently.

Fair enough, other than Proclamation and Creachadoir.

Not great now I think of it.

Proclamation is hardly an example of a huge success is he? And one Group One win hardly makes Creachadoir a superstar either. Three horses out of how many crops.....9? Not exactly an overwhelming endorsement.

Darley have Dubawi, King's Best and Cape Cross.

Then they have Iffraaj and Librettist who have made waves as freshmen.

And their unproven stallions look better than Dylan T or Mastercraftsman:

New Approach, Shirocco, Teofilo, Manduro

Iffraaj does look good but I can't go along with the notion that he has done it off a limited opportunity.(anyone got the report) First Season sires particulalary with the big studs get every opportunity. As far as librettist is concerned he just hasn't done enough and I doubt they consider him a success (Libranno is a lovely looking horse )

New Approach, hope he doesn't pass his legs or his mentality (yes I have heard the tale excusing him)

Shirocco and Manduro sons of Shirocco , who knows, prefer the chances of the sons of Danehill D and Danehill personally

Teofilo must have a chance, if they're not unsound like he was.

What about Holy Roman Emperor this year? Wil Coolmore not be at least slightly dissapointed not to get one standout performer in his first crop?

What about Holy Roman Emperor this year? Wil Coolmore not be at least slightly dissapointed not to get one standout performer in his first crop?

sure will...... didn't have high hopes for him myself (probably have the first three home in the Guineas now) still his winners to runners % is good 39% but than he had plenty of opportunity (better than Iffraaj) Stallions standing at a 1/4 or 1/5th his fee had similar respectable no.s

Last edited:
Back