Bloodstock News 2010

E-mail from the ROA today announcing that the National Horseracing Museum, Newmarket, has developed a chart, PROMINENT SIRE LINES IN EUROPE, which you can buy for £21. View the product before purchasing at http://www.nhrm.co.uk

Tough Job but someones gotta do it. If a few of the mares just reproduce themselves it will be so long before anyone realises he's no good it won't matter.

In all, Sea The Stars' book contains over 90 Group 1 winners or the dams of Group 1 winners, which he will cover at a fee of €85,000.
Pat Downes, stud manager at Gilltown Stud, where the son of Cape Cross stands, said: "Sea The Stars has got an extremely exciting book of mares - not many first season sires would have covered thekind of book that he has and it just proves what high regard he was held in. He's got a busy year ahead."
Sea The Stars has already covered a test pony mare in preparation for his new career, and according to Downes, took everything in his stride.
"The test cover went very well and he's certainly ready for his new job. We're now just waiting for the covering season to start," he said.

The flip side of covering such a quality book of mares this early in his career is surely that the pressure on his first couple of crops will be immense?

The test pony mare is reported to be delighted with her date. "So kind and gentle," she enthused to the Daily Mail's racing reporter yesterday, "he even remembered my birthday, and brought me a lovely bouquet of lucerne."

What a guy!

Just re-reading Horsetrader recently and came across an interesting trivia question.

What did Saddler's Wells stand for his first year at Coolmore?

I wouldn't go back again another horse that i would go to again is Amadeus Wolf you should have a good look at him

I wouldn't go back again another horse that i would go to again is Amadeus Wolf you should have a good look at him

He is a lovely horse but IH suits my girl.It's her first time so hopeing he'll add a bit of size and the pedigree suits. Is there a push on to get AW mares ?

5,000 groats, it was so long ago.

Completely forgot about this.

He stood for 125,000 Irish punts his first year at stud (can't remember exactly what year it was - mid-eighties).

As promising a stallion as he was, I just found it staggering. Certainly far more egregious examples of the state of the industry during that era as well.

(Comes back from hurried consultation of dictionary... ) Yes, you're right, and with subsidies as well! Trough, snout, etc.

Completely forgot about this.

He stood for 125,000 Irish punts his first year at stud (can't remember exactly what year it was - mid-eighties).

As promising a stallion as he was, I just found it staggering. Certainly far more egregious examples of the state of the industry during that era as well.

1985. What was the exchange rate back then, though?

Songsheet

I just had a quick look at the Catalogue for the Doncaster breeze-ups.
I see Songsheet has one in it by Diamond green. Looks like a dream family down through the generations, all the foals seemed to race, all very correct and stout ? To date in the first three generations all 24 foals have been runners. ! !

I saw a half sis to Fayr Jag by Diamond Green last week, she was lovely.

Good Luck

Back