Bloodstock News 2010

Double Trigger is a stonking price - I'm very much looking forward to having Double Trigger babies!!!! - also Rainbow High is very cheap, he throws some nice types.

Double Trigger is a stonking price - I'm very much looking forward to having Double Trigger babies!!!! - also Rainbow High is very cheap, he throws some nice types.

We agree about Trigger, shame so many people who get them run them under wrong conditions and too soon before they have grown up. Think his results would be a lot better if trainers/owners were more patient and stopped thinking of him as a flat sire. (We made same mistake :o) I like Rainbow High too, have seen some very nice stock of his, would make lovely hunters and pointers. :)

MOON BALLAD: Dubai World Cup winner moves from Woodlands Stud, Galway, along with GRANDERA, to stand at Darley, Japan.

QUOTE]

Wasn't it only the back end of last year that these two were reported as moving from Japan to Woodlands?

I do agree with you Isinglass about giving Double Triggers time - they do tend to need it. I can't say I've seen that many of them on the flat though! The thing with them is that I find people either love them or hate them - the amount of people who screw their faces up when I tell them I've got a Double Trigger is surprising! They do seem to have a propensity for being a little highly strung at times but I've also found that they tend to love their work and can get a bit excitable whilst doing it; they do also have a reputation amongst some though for possibly being a little doggy. If you've got a good one though, they're the dogs bollocks!!! :D

Last edited:
There were a few from his first crop who won once on the flat and then disappeared. They all looked like they would have been a real horse at 4 or 5.

"If you've got a good one though, they're the dogs bollocks!!! :D "

Totally agree!!! :<3:

Imagine - dunno, ducks. My memory bank self-deletes after six hours! The snippet came from this month's Owner & Right Little Bleeder mag, so perhaps they have it arse-about-face.

From the Racing Post in December

"FORMER Godolphin Group 1 winners Moon Ballad and Grandera have been sold to stand at Kenneth Cullinane's and Deirdre Lusby's Woodlands Stud in Ireland. They arrived at the Galway-based operation yesterday, having both spent their stud careers to date at the YushunStallion Station in Hokkaido under the Darley Japan banner."

The Exodus continues

CHEVALIER, sire of last year's Molecomb Stakes winner Monsieur Chevalier, has been sold to Ruia Stud Farms in Maharashtra, India, in a deal brokered by Ian Deane of Centaur Bloodstock.

Kandahar Run is taking up stallion duties at his owners Ammerland Stud in bavaria. he will get at least 22 of their own mares I was told. after boreal being such a shocking failure for the stud, one can only hope for better returns with this sire. He is very well bred and could not really fulfill his potential in the racetrack, so very lightly races, and hard to judge on that evidence.

Tatts February sale is not going well. The filly we sent up has developed a minor problem and so she's coming home for repairs - full service and she'll be OK for later this year, hopefully!!

Clearance rate of less than 43%, apparently.

MULTIPLE Group 1 winner Daylami will stand at Coolagown Stud in Fermoy, County Cork, in a deal brokered by Michael Stanley of Castle Hill Bloodstock and Jehan Malherbe of Form Bloodstock.
The son of Doyoun will stand alongside Fleetwood and Humbel at a fee of €3,000.

Jesus Aitch, Songs, that's really shocking. Not much better than 2008 and 2009's abysmal shows. So sorry to hear about the filly - I hope nothing too difficult to fix, and that you can perhaps find a private sale in the meantime.

it would rather be Zarakhani as the Aga Khan acutally does use the first letter(s) of the dam, as we have to do over here in Germany :)

well the logic is to conserve old damlines and make them more transparent. as germany has some pretty strong, old lines conserved by some old and successfull owner-breeders, its been made common "law" years and years ago. as with the Aga Khan its helps immensely, once you have been in it long enough and actually see old lines develope in front of your eyes .... its a good rule, I think.

It threw me too the way you can use the same names more often, as we are of course not allowed to do that. But since you must stick to same letters as dam line it probably does not matter so much that names repeat themselves through generations. Makes pedigree research easier I admit!

not sure about that one, but germany bans names of classic winner and group 1 winner etc forever, with other names open for re-use after 10 or 15 years. thought that to be the same in england, to be honest?!

Hmmm, yes, perhaps I am mistaken as upon checking the names I had in mind reappear because one is French, the other German, as in the pedigree of Belle Fee. :o

Back