Bloodstock News

Do we need great swathes of the Racing Post website posted all over the forum? We can look on the RP website for them if needs be. It's ok on occasion but articles are seemingly being cut and pasted onto nearly every thread you open nowadays.

Ignore them then, I don't make comments on your constant snipes at nearly every member on the board

Last edited:
Do we need great swathes of the Racing Post website posted all over the forum? We can look on the RP website for them if needs be. It's ok on occasion but articles are seemingly being cut and pasted onto nearly every thread you open nowadays.

Quite miserable, even for you.

Is it though, really? We all know where to go to read the RP if we want to, why does it have to be reproduced over here on every thread? I'd rather have people's opinions, not simply the Racing Post reproduced ad infinitum.

Of course, I could have had a 'snipe' and made it personal whilst handing out the insults, couldn't I, Aldaniti? However I was making an observation, asking a question, and so I chose not to do so.

Not sure wether to post this here but........

Does anyone know what has happened to GW's filly?

Also were there any others confirmed as GW's offspring?

She was bred in Ireland by Stefano Luciani in the name of Azienda Agricola Loreto Luciani and he consigned her through The Irish National Stud to Goffs in November 2008. The filly foal was confirmed as being the only surviving foal by George Washington. In case you did not know she was sold on Nov 21st for 280,000 euros. She was the highest selling of the Goff's sale.

She was bought by Gerard Burke of Glidawn Stud. Nothing more has been heard, will be interesting to see if she races or is kept to breed from.

Her siblings include half-sister 2002 Prix Penelope winner Ombre Legere (by Double Bed) and Flawly (by Old Vic), who was group 3 placed in France and finished second in the 2000 Garden City Breeders’ Cup Handicap. Her dam Flawlessly must be about 18 years old now, not sure if she has been put in foal again.

Thanks Gal, posts crossed. Interesting, obviously she did not sell for what they expected her to go for, not sure she will go much higher this time round either. Depends upon how she has matured I guess and who might want those bloodlines. :)

a241.jpg

Does anyone know if Ouija boards first foal has been named yet? I overheard Ed dunlop say on the tv yesterday that he will be arriving at his stable in October

Does anyone know if Ouija boards first foal has been named yet? I overheard Ed dunlop say on the tv yesterday that he will be arriving at his stable in October

It is called Voodoo Prince.

I note that Antonius Pius is off to South Africa.

KY Derby runner-up Pioneerof The Nile has been retired due to a "soft tissue injury". Not 100% if it's the same in horses but when I got that the jist of it was "light bruising"

Lawyer Ron, destroyed after complications of colic surgery

Black Tie Affair, retired from stud duties

Last edited:
Not positive but I think it was 75,000 euro in 2006. But I do remember that when he first went to stud it was for only 4,000 guineas! We saw him and decided not to use him. Doh! :ninja: He's private now isn't he?

Back