Bloodstock News

GROUP 2 winner Indian Rocket died in France on Friday from peritonitis. The son of Indian Ridge was 15-years-old and had stood the past season at Haras des Faunes for €3,500.

Hold That Tiger has gone back to France

Silver Patriarch has gone according to a story on the RP web site - dead from natural causes today. RIP fella.

He was only 15yrs aswell! I know some horses age quicker than others & he was retired back in the summer due to declining fertility so perhaps he was just one of them,

Really sad as I hoped to see him when we went up to the National stud in the spring

I am totally gutted by the death of Silver Patriarch. He was one of my all time favourites and I knew him well. He was a character but a wonderful horse who was bred and owned by a truly lovely man in Peter Winfield and was so close to winning the Derby. Peter was one of the old owner breeders who was always grateful for the good times in life and remained cheerful during the illness of his wife and then his own cancer. He loved Silver like a child and was so worried about his future. Such a sad thing that he died this young, and that his stud career was halted. But he was a happy horse and hopefully he died without pain. He enjoyed his paddock.

He gave me some grand days out racing and I will always remember them and him.

Linda Groves his lass will be devastated, as will Mr Dunlop who was very close to the grey. One day when I visited him at the National Stud Dunlop was there, whistled to the horse who came galloping across the big paddock at high speed to see him, remembering him still.

He was a character but a wonderful horse who was bred and owned by a truly lovely man in Peter Winfield and was so close to winning the Derby.

I still can't quite believe he didn't win the Derby. He had it won everywhere (vitually everywhere)... before the line... after the line... on the line was the problem. He would have read a better winner to me than that interloper Benny The Dip.

It probably wasn't that big a loss to them when Silver Patriarch was retired from stud as he unfortunately wasn't much good as a sire anyway.

He did not set anything alight, agreed, but the National Stud wanted him to be a flat sire, and his future was as a NH sire. Newmarket not a great place to try that. I think he might have done more had he been in the right place. He covered some pretty terrible mares. I thought he finally had a chance when he moved to Anthony Bromley's Dad's place, but by then he was ill.

I still can't quite believe he didn't win the Derby. He had it won everywhere (vitually everywhere)... before the line... after the line... on the line was the problem. He would have read a better winner to me than that interloper Benny The Dip.

Benny died young too, I remember that Derby well.

In fairness Isinglass, I'm not keen on his NH stock. I've seen a fair few, even bred to half decent mares, but not liked them at all. A lot of them tend to have a very similar stature; overly big at the shoulder, short stocky neck and a thick set, short body. They haven't really set the world alight on the track either - mind you, a theory of a friend is that the ones that look like him (ie grey and not built quite as much like brick shitehouses) are the ones that are more likely to do ok! :lol:

I think you are right Shadz. I find it hard to be objective about Silver, he was such a pet. His best days were of course on the racetrack. I do remember though that he sure made Pat work for his fee! :<3:

Gutted Silver Patriarch has gone loved the old grey. 13 yrs ago this weekend the first time he truely burst onthe scene winning the 10 ferlong Zetland Stakes at Newmarket after which I backed him ante post to win the following years St Leger. Every time I watch the video of his Derby I still expect him to win but the way he won the Leger more than made up for it. RIP old Boy.

I really liked the horse Isinglass (can't find anything suitable to shorten that to!!!) but was disappointed by most of his stock. That said, I'd still look at them to see if I liked them, but none of them took me. Certainly not like any Double Trigger could!!!!! I can't wait to breed my own Double Triggers!!!

From the RP

"Green Desert has been semi-retired while the locations of Ramonti and Dubai Destination will be confirmed at a later date"

Ramonti is a lovely looking horse but his Italian roots and lack of evident precocity must have gone against him.

I would have thought they would have liked him in Ireland so they could cover some of there mares wuth him.They'll be using STS on some of there mares i would suspect

Back