Breeders Cup Meeting

I like Mordin's stat about past winners of this. He reckons three of the four that tried again won it. He doesn't mention it, but that would make the fourth Six Perfections, who was an unlucky third when she tried to defend it, having to come a mile wide in the race that Antonius Pius and Jamie Spencer managed to throw away.

In fairness its only a small bet, and I do not expect him to win but it would be an utter killer to see him sneak up and win this after following him (unsucessfully) all year.

Is it just me or does US Ranger have a strikingly similar profile to Antonius Pius? US Ranger doesn't have Spencer to deal with either, but then again Antonius Pius had considerably more ability than US Ranger does IMO.

I'm tempted by Midshipman in the Juvenile. Beaten by the draw last time out- stuck wide and consequently pulled and only ended up beaten a half-length or so anyway. Problem is he's drawn wide again tonight (11); hopefully he'll drop in off a fast early pace.

Doesn't look a vintage renewal anyway. Far from it in fact.

US Ranger on medication apparently, you'd need to be on something to back the pig.

LOL! I can't be the only member of the forum never to have backed US R, surely?

Great run from GoldEEkova there - Phew!
(although I'd had a tasty bet on the winner of the 7.50 at Wolves so was out of trouble anyway. As posted/advised elsewhere, so not entirely aftertiming!)

God I do wish announcers and race readers would all take a short course in basic foreign pronounciations :rolleyes: It should be mandatory for the job, or they should have someone whom they ring each day to give them a phonetic rendering. it really irritates the hell out of me how many they get get wrong

In the case of some, Headstrong, pronounciations ares surely the least of their worries! No names mentioned (and yes I am refering to, amongst others, Jim McGrath!

LOL trackside! Peslier was quite lucky though that he got a passage through given the jocks who have found themselves blocked in doing just what he did tonight

Freddie Head and Ralph Beckett are having almost as good a season as AOB, with rather less firepower! Good for them

I've resisted the temptation to back Midshipman in the next.

Juvenile Turf looks a puzzle. I mentioned on here I think it was that Westphalia looked a short price, but looking through the race he probably boasts the best form. The firm ground has to be a bit of a concern though.

Donavitum's (sp) last run looks particularly good after Crowded House's victory in the RP Trophy, but he has questions to answer going up in trip.

Not really sure about the Americans tbh, but the proximity of Driving Snow behind Pletcher's horse, Bittel Road would seem to give an idea of their limitations.

I've backed Westphalia to small stakes more for interest than in confidence
NO bet in the next, tho I might have a go on Square Eddie in a mo

Last edited:
I'm more interested in Chelsea Girl in the next at Wolverhampton than the next Breeders Cup race...

Taxi?

Back