Breeders Cup Meeting

Cant see any 10/1 Raven's Pass except with firms I cant bet with. It will break my heart but I'l take 8/1.

I though Soldier of Fortune was a good price at 4/1 for the Arc, so here is a banker for me.

No more fancies for me at Santa Anita.

Missed that Gareth. What did he say?

He said the story was misreported, that he wouldn't have given up the ride but that basically Sheikh Mo decided that he wanted to use Frankie since he was out there, especially with Fortune coming back off a ban, and that he (Fortune) didn't put up a fight.

I presume Suny that your thinking is if 4/1 to beat Zarakava was a bet than 4/1 to beat this lot is a massive price.

Totally contradictory to what he was reported as saying during the week. Can hardly blame him for not wanting to rock the boat though, I suppose.

I have a feeling that, though Soldier of Fortune was campaigned sparingly this year, he was trained to the second for the Arc, with this race merely an after-thought. Given the fast ground and tight track won't play to his strengths either, 4/1 is probably a fair enough price I think. Won't be backing him or taking him on.

I wonder will he end up standing at Coolmore BTW?

My thoughts for tonight-1)Surely Sixties Icon will get outpaced at some stage of his race. 2)Donatavium received a right boost with Crowded House today.3)Soldier of Fortune is a class act in my opinion-he could be the one for getting out of trouble.

I would go as far as to say that that is the biggest thing that's ever happened to European all-weather racing. A horse that spent most of his career at Lingfield, Wolverhampton, Kempton and Dundalk winning a Breeders Cup race?

Awful ride. I almost did not back Raven's Pass today because Dettori was putting me off.

Its been a long time since Dettori has been a negative in the saddle.

European win!!!! Dettori was awful on Sixties Icon...well done Beckett and Smullen!

Could not be more delighted for Ralph Beckett :D Great result
Agreed, not Frankie's finest hour, he should have been a bit closer much earlier
And yes I did back Frankie and not Ralph's horse :eek:

Could not be more delighted for Ralph Beckett :D Great result
Agreed, not Frankie's finest hour, he should have been a bit closer much earlier
And yes I did back Frankie and not Ralph's horse :eek:

No surprise to see Beckett emotional when the American lady tried to interview. Not a graded race but a superb achievement.

Looking at the race again Dettori's ride was even worse than I thought. He had the option of going out wide off the rail (where loads and loads of winners have come from already) and instead goes on the inside. Just an awful ride.

Looking at the race again Dettori's ride was even worse than I thought. He had the option of going out wide off the rail (where loads and loads of winners have come from already) and instead goes on the inside. Just an awful ride.

Matt Chapman just gave a part-slow-mo run through of the race showing exactly that - he was quite right and so are you

Back