1 - 7/1
5 - 10/1
6 - 16/1
0 - 20/1
7+ - 66/1

Last edited:
Raven's Pass looks the bet to me.

Edit

Looking at oddschecker, the 9/2 Square Eddie for the juvenile is not far from being a better bet

Last edited:
Goldikova just needs to run to form I would have thought.

Agreed...mile is always a tricky race though luck wise.

I am looking at laying Eagle Mountain....he should bounce off the wall in this...massive effort first time out over a mile. The worry is DeKock is a great trainer.

Last edited:
I Suggest everyone shouting for European horses has a few bob on 'no winners' at 20/1. It might help ease the pain in case of catastrophy.

I Suggest everyone shouting for European horses has a few bob on 'no winners' at 20/1. It might help ease the pain in case of catastrophy.

Last time the Euros went to Santa Anita they won all the turf races (3). Given the new surface it is extremely unlikely that there won't be at least 1 winner over the two days.

Who is the banker for Europe...Sixties Icon?

If Halfway To Heaven runs to form in the F&M Turf, she'd be fairly close to banker material.

I couldn't have Square Eddie myself, Gearoid. If he wins the BC Juvenile, it would surely go down as one of, if not the poorest renewals ever IMO. Then again, it may well be! I'm fairly sweet on Baffert's Midshipman in the race, though the draw is a worry (beat him in the Norfolk).

Halfway To Heaven has to be worth laying in a competitive FM Turf field - Folk Opera the 5/2 fav when betting first opened, now a 10´s shot - what´s changed since?

She´s the female Red Rocks and Writethescript shouldn´t be ruled out of the Mile.

Raven's Pass looks the bet to me.

I was thinking the same. What about this from Mr Mordin:

When I saw a photograph of Curlin just before he ran in the Dubai World Cup I was astonished at how muscular he was. I made a copy of the photo and e-mailed it to several people saying that there was no way a horse could look like that naturally. Curlin just had to be on steroids.
Curlin's owner Jess Jackson clearly felt the same way as he called his trainer Steve Asmussen to ask the obvious question. When he found out that Curlin was in fact receiving the regular injections of the anabolic steroid Winstrol which most American racehorses get he ordered Asmussen to stop the practice right away. Jackson later went on to appear before the US Congress as a witness when they held an inquiry into the use of steroids in American horse racing.
Jackson has to be commended for his actions. But I have to say that the subsequent performance of Curlin now raises major questions about what made him a Champion.
Curlin did produce two big runs in Dubai a few weeks after being taken off steroids. But his more recent runs, plus his physical appearance makes me believe that he is simply not as fast now their effect has worn off.
When I saw Curlin in the paddock at Saratoga on September 1st he didn't look anything like that photo I'd seen of him at the beginning of the year. I can't say for sure, but I strongly suspect he'd dropped around fifty pounds in weight, maybe more. He looked far more like a normal racehorse than the incredible hulk he'd appeared earlier.
CURLIN (40) only scrambled home at Saratoga in a time a second or more slower than he would have clocked before. He again won narrowly in sub-par time when taking the Jockey Club Gold Cup last weekend. And this time WANDERIN BOY (39), the horse he'd beaten nearly three lengths into third at Saratoga, got to within three parts of a length.
Wanderin Boy is a seven year old that has lost all nine times he's tackled Grade 1 company. Beating him by a rather hard fought three quarters of a length is not the performance of a Champion.
As I see it you can forget the debate about whether Curlin will act on the new synthetic surface the Breeders' Cup Classic is set to be run on. The real debate should be about steroids and whether thoroughbred breeders are being misled into choosing stallions and broodmares whose ability stemmed from chemistry rather than class.

Remember Square Eddie is no longer with John Best having been transferred to Doug O'Neill so wouldn't count towards the winning total for Europe.

Gracias, I stopped using Ladbrokes so I'll wait a little longer to see how PP price it. Betfair are 24/1 no Euro winner at the mo. I know it's unlikely but i think it's more like half those odds and it'll do as a saver if our good ones get beat.

btw Euro.

thanks for posting that article from Mordin. He's off the wall but worth reading.

Back