Breeders Cup Meeting

Another O'Brien 2nd at the BC? Oooh it's close. Hell of a fast-pace - ridiculously string out on the first turn!

Given how the draw stats were against him it was a fine ride alright. Shades of High Chaparral in those colours :D

Yeah - just got in the pack a bit coming round the bend - very unlucky - but two terrific races so far! What a feast to come, and what a difference from last year.... sunshine and a great galloping track

Aftertiming I know LOL but I've bene having wifi probs, keeps coming and going - I got the forecast in the first and that's set me up nicely for the evening... Have backed Folk Opera e/w at 10/1, nothing else yet

Would someone tell the world (RUK in this case) that all these new Breeders Cup races are not Grade or Group 1s!!

I know nothing aobut the rest of them, but that's a good enough hint for me Gal! heh heh
Not often you'll see an AOB filly going off at 10/1 with a good chance, either... they are rarely e/w prices in Europe!

Great to see ESPN give the Pro-Ride surface such a positive spin...this is such an important meeting for the future popularity of the surface.

Thought taking evs when the books opened on Stardom Bound was a good move - at the time I made her 4/7 and still think she's one of the better bets over the two days. If she doesn't get too far behind she's a CD winner, G1 winner and is one of the few guaranteed to stay the trip.

Thought of Arazi at the turn. 3.25 On Betfair was too big not to get involved. I can see where the layers were coming from, had to time the run perfectly.

Frankie try and make it with Murtagh in behind him? Or are there other pace setters?

In truth Heart Shape ran above expectations, POG a bit disappointing....don't think it is time to panic yet.

She's entered as Fas-Tip in November. Horses like her are always up for sale - big horse and worth a ton, wouldn't get much change of $8m IMO. By a new sire too so potentially by the next Storm Cat or Smart Strike.

Back