Breeder's Cup Meeting

Wonderful run by Twice over too but thats awesome

Big Mac is absolutely spot on to bang on about the "missing" horses

A great run from the filly but I think Denman completely overplayed the commentary - she looked the winner from the home turn . Stupendous run by Twice Over , the way HRAC has rehabilitated this horse from the Eclipse is just masterful.

Poor RVW plainly just over the top or there is something wrong , therun was way too bad to be true to be anything to do with medication.

They must be rueing not running MCM in this.

What a farce at the start. Rip van Winkle very disappointing but Zanetta is a superstar, a visit to Sea the Stars?

STS form takes further knocks

I disagree, Rip Van Winkle clearly did not run his race, but the nonsense that was being thrown out (and gleefully taken) that STS had nothing to prove by coming to America or nothing to gain is clearly blown out of the water by this. I think STS still would have won it but it is a shame he did not take on this filly.

She has recieved a tremendous reception.

I agree Mickey. Its a point worth pondering

Tonight was great for the sport with two wonderful performances. but its still a downer that two great horses were "missing". Tonights action brings it home. It is like the ashes with an injured Shane Warne and Freddie.

I think it was the correct decision to miss the Breeders Cup by connections of STS.Zenyatta was in peak form tonight.I have no doubts who the better horse is but maybe not tonight.

Actually ATR have really pissed me off with those comments when we often sneer at the Americans for the drugs use. Disgraceful and inaccurate comments trying to lump the lack of success by Ballydoyle down to not using drugs. They used drugs last year and had no winners, and the year before and the year before.

Their horses are clearly over the top this time of year, not good enough or a bit of bad luck and to suggest it can be put down to lack of drugs is not only guessing but pretty irresponsible.

Sure does in hindsight.
Conduit almost gets robbed by PP.
Mastercraftsman beaten by a $16k claimer
Rip... up the track.
Fame and Glory.... one trick wonder?

Conduit won

Twice Over beaten out of sight in the Eclipse is beaten only a length and a half .Gio Ponti is a good horse but his form with Stotsfold hardly makes him a wonder G1 horse .

The AOB horses are probably over the top after getting slapped by STS all summer .

STS would almost certainly have won - Twice Over's proximity shows that on form he would have been miles the best . The fact remains that he might have been over the top and why like Dancing Brave spoil his reputation when he was not in his true form.

I disagree entirely Gal . Tonights events and the eclipse of the Ballydoyle horses show just how sensible they were in not risking STS.

Anyway, this is about Zenyatta . A magnificent mare in her pomp at her home track .

Wonder again about RVW - whether those mad fractions they went in the QEII after his amazingly brave run at Goodwood and all the defeats at the hands of STS whether he left his race at Ascot .

I can't quite see why Murtagh rushed him up like that . He has had a bit of a disaster . I think MCM on the other hand would have been 2nd at least in the Classic.

Twice over is in far better form now than at the eclipse. Taking straightforward margins isnt for me anyway. Zen won as she wanted. STS does much the same, so its hard to compare

Lets be honest, using Twice Over as a form guide (suggesting he ran to the same level in the Eclipse as he did tonight or at Newmarket) is about as weak as using Rip's run tonight as a genuine guide to STS's form. Twice Over clearly did not perform in the Eclipse.

If you ask me O'brien is not doing it right he should bypass the Guineas and some other races if he has his mind set on USA thats all his horses are in hard work in early march and he expects them to be at there peak in November it's not possible

I thought Murtagh had Rip in the perfect position off those fractions. Just clearly clearly not right. I wonder what they will do with him now.

Back