Breeder's Cup Meeting

Channel 4 thinks that whatever goes on around the racing is as important as the racing itself. Hats and countryside alliance drivel mixed up with fat northern owners barely able to string a sentence together and thommo lauighing along with senile racegoers

Last edited:
Huge run from Ventura off that type of ride.

Sort of ride connections of Zenyetta should remember for tomorrow.

She picked up very well but there was no way she could make up five lengths off the turn very canny ride by Leparoux.

Ventura -Given way too much to do

Last edited:
I've been looking forward to backing Proviso for a while. Careless Jewel turning up looks to be the biggest threat.

The closers were suckered in by the horse in front running away with the jockey . As for the Ladies Classic - who came up with such a crass name for a race , sounds like a brand of sanitary towel .:blink:

Watching RUK was entertaining - with Uncle Feste being on !

Ridiculous task set VENTURA, although boy-oh-boy, did she motor as a 'deep closer'! CARELESS JEWEL's ride drew some excoriation from Jason Weaver on ATR, and rightly so - absolute numpty fractions and the poor animal dragged itself past the line, stone bonking last, exhausted and probably mightily pissed off.

Great stuff from Queally - are all the US jocks paralysed from the waist down? - chucked every body part going at MIDDAY from a long way out and stole the rail brilliantly. Henry Cecil's first BC win, and not before time.

Just got back from the course and at the hotel, I'm bloody knackered but had an amazing day. Man Of Iron was sensational and he was my 2nd most confident selection over the 2 days (Spanish Moon runs tomorrow....) and it was a tense few moments before the photo was called.

Santa Anita is just out of this world, it puts all uk courses to shame in every single aspect and I got chatting to some interesting owners and punters there. Also met jinnyj for the last and sure we'll catch up again tomorrow.

The Careless Jewel ride was moronic and got some fierce criticism from some of the locals I watched the race with and rightly so. Was disappointed Proviso and Visit didn't get a place but Queally gave Midday a blinder.

The RP need taking to task for asking Mordin to write the Spotlight comments today. His take on RVW:

..Another concern is he seems to find trouble in big fields like this: has won all three times he's run in fields of eight or less but failed to pass the post first in any of his five starts in bigger fields

So by that rationale in the ten runner Eclipse he'd have found a way of losing it even if Sea the Stars hadn't run. Shoddy analysis to say the least.

I'm buying Raceform Update these days rather than subscribing to the form book. Nicholas Godfrey apparently gave stacks of winners last year and RVW doesn't appear in his main two either. I have to say, I can't see past Rip.

Great to see a couple of European winners who have been hard at it all season, and that Midday will stay in training next season - she'll keep next years classic generation more than honest.

The victory of Zenyatta's stablemate in the Ladies' Classic was a bit ominous, but the race was a good reminder that just because they're on a synthetic track doesn't mean you can't have a ridiculous pace meltdown.

Ventura was heart-breaking to watch - gave absolutely everything but never had a chance.

Good call DJ!

So how many euro winners can be expected tonight? I was pretty negative about MCM earlier in the week but all the vibes have been very positive about him and the videos I have seen he looks in tremendous shape - it all comes down to how he breaks for me.

I'd be amazed if there are more than 3 European winners tonight, some of the European favourites just have to be taken on in my opinion, particularly MCM who's a joke of a price in the dirt mile.

Off out in half an hour, I just hope Spanish Moon can do the business.

Does anyone know where the BC can be viewed online or on any regular Freeview channels? I don't have access to Sky but would love to see the races live.
Thanks

I've hummed and hawed a lot about whether to bet anything and have decided not to.

My fancies:
Pounced
Lord Shanakill
Gayego
Aikenite
Goldikova
Mastercraftsman
Conduit
Rip Van Winkle

Too many short shots there for my betting.

What do we make of the first race? I like Viscount Nelson alot and he has been laid out for this - slight worry is if he hits a bit of a flat spot he could be in trouble.

Back