Breeder's Cup Meeting

One "nice" feature of rip winning would be o'brien winning with a son of Galileo, who obviously failed to win the classic. Man of Iron got him a race with Giant's Causeway's son yesterday.

Bit gutted for the horse, clearly has held his form well and for me if he could have flowed early on he would have been an easy winner. But the start made it impossible.

I agree- unlike Midday's race the way the field packed up made it pretty difficult to ride any other race .

I still think watching it again and how he picked up at the very end that had he sneaked through and not hit the rail he would have won.

Dar rei me has barely been talked about for the next. Ive barely bet tonight, but i do love this tough filly. She has great temperament and whilst Conduit is obvious favourite there wasnt that much between then in the arc after she had taken it along for much of the way

Agree completely, and think Conduit may not get the pace he got last year. For the difference between them in the Arc, it makes no sense one is evens and one 5/1. I've also backed spanish moon.

10/1? Surely that's something temporary until money goes into the pools, or am I going to have to borrow money?! :)

:lol: Thank you, sweetheart! I just don't want to tempt any of those howling Furies, y'know!!

Oh, dear, I'm afraid the last few threads of any cred I might have are slipping away - I gave one of the young lasses at Brighton r/c MIDSHIPMAN, GLADIATORUS, DA RE MI and ZENYATTA as selections for her chance in the course's pool - I may not be too popular so far!

10/1? Surely that's something temporary until money goes into the pools, or am I going to have to borrow money?! :)

He'll surely shorten up as we get closer to the race, and I don't think the international money goes in until after the off. That said, Zenyatta's home support will be hammering her for the next hour.

Clive as pointed out on the STS thread

Here are the achievements of the horses he has beaten this year.

Fame and Glory - Irish Derby

Rip Van Winkle - Sussex & QEII

Conduit - King George, Breeders Cup Turf

Mastercraftsman - Irish 2000 and St James's Palace

Jukebox Jury - Preis von Europa G1 , Grand Prix de Deauville & Rose of Lancaster

Cavalryman- G1 Grand Prix de Paris

Dar Re Mi Prix Vermeille ( disq) Pretty Polly G1 Yorkshire Oaks G1

Stacelita G1 Prix d'Essaid des Pouliches , G1 Prix de Diane G1 Vermeille

Vision d' Etat G1 -Prix Ganay , G1 Prince of Wales's Stakes

Getaway G1 Grosser Preis von Baden Baden G1

Casual Conquest - G1 Tattersall Gold Cup

Lord Shanakill - G1 Prix Jean Prat

Twice Over- G1 Champion Stakes

Delegator- Celebration Mile G2

Finjaan - G2 Lennox Stakes

Monitor Closely - Great Voltigeur G2

Debussy - G2 Prix Eugene Adam

Kite Wood - G2 Geoffrey Freer Stakes 2nd St Leger

Black Bear Island - G2 Dante Stakes

Lord Admiral - G2 & G3 winner

Vocalised - multiple G 3 winner

Recharge - G3 winner

Ouqba- G3 Jersey Stakes

Steele Tango G3- Darley Stakes

Grand Ducal G3 Gallinule Stakes

Ashram - listed Dubai Duty Free Cup

Ocean's Minstrel - Surrey Stakes Listed

So no fewer than 20 Group Ones .

Last edited:
Wow - listed like that, that is a truly awe-inspiring achievement. I know it's a big ask, but who else compares to that? Any ideas?

Conduit should be taken on (but I am not) with either of Dar Re Mi and Spanish Moon as there is not much between them and Conduit is evens.

Sea The Stars did not turn up in the Breeders Cup...given the completely different conditions I would not take results this weekend as a negative or positive to the horse. Not fair.

Dancing Brave Krizon. I am sure of that. And stronger older horses too. But argument for another day

Apart from the fact he is too short to bet on Conduit strikes me as much the most likely winner.Spanish Moon is a G2 horse I think and Dar Re Mi was caught by Conduit at Longchamp .

This has been his main aim all season.

Yes - we can keep that one in the freezer for later, clivex! Such an enjoyable evening so far. I'm so pleased for Tom Queally and Ahmed Ajtebi knocking in their wins. Double-pleased that (please!!) no horses have broken down or come to grief, in spite of one or two argey-bargey moments. The weather looks marvellous, as most of the animals are coming home looking surprisingly dry. Got to say, for about the first time ever, I rather wish I were there! (It's those jolly umbrellas, I think - I can picture myself under one, sending home a couple of those collosal Margaritas the Americans do so well!)

I dont buy this "completely different conditions" stuff anymore. The surface is more familiar than dirt of course and horses are more targeted at the meeting now, rather than being the afterthought it once was. Also, i would be sure that european trainers have learnt alot since the eearly days regarding conditioning and so on.

Back