Breeder's Cup

http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewer.php?track=SA&race=2&date=2012-11-03

Above is a link to PP's for the next at Santa Anita - a 2yo Stakes race going 6 1/2f on the turf (BC Turf Sprint track) with two UK runners, Upward Spiral the favourite over here at the min and Snow King who made a winning debut at Ascot in September.

Personally like the look of Dens Legacy for Bob Baffert who's currently 11/1 with Hills. Shaped well in his early starts with decent figures and finished second over a mile on his turf debut early last month - looks likely to be suited by the drop back in trip here and should go close.

Martin

I've smashed Excelebration at 2/1 and 7/4 and also waded in e/w at 9/2 on Shareta. Just to bring up the million I went for a e/w Lucky 15 and e/w acca on

16/1 Richards Kid
00:35

10/1 Fantastic Moon
18:50

16/1 Rumor
19:35

3/1 Emcee
20:14

Den's Legacy ran on late down the outside for second - think something similar could happen in the Turf Sprint there, the pace always seems to collapse from what I've seen of the sprint track there.

Interesting race this Juvenile Turf and my feeling is that Dundonnell won't stay a mile - if he is to do it though it'll be on a track like Santa Anita. His sire First Defence's best win was over 7f in the Forego whilst he disappointed on his only start at a mile whilst his dam is an unraced daughter of Danzig.

Joha ran huge LTO on polytrack at Keeneland when going pillar to post in a Grade 1 there in a top time and over half a furlong further digging deep when challenged and showing tremendous determination which is likely to be required here. He'd previously been beaten a head by today's rival Balance The Books and I'd back Joha to reverse the form with that one tonight - he's currently 14/1 and the only doubt for me is whether he'll be able to get to the front from the 10 box.

Gervinho's not out of it either given he's 2/2 on the track and for anyone into this sort of thing he's trading a lot shorter in the US at the moment.

Martin

Last edited:
I'm struggling with this... I think Artigiano will run well with Dettori up but the home team looks decent and luck in running will play a part.. Small stakes for me.

He pulled very hard early - just think he's likely to be better at 6f than he is at a mile.

Impressive from George Vancouver there.

I was on George Vancouver LARGE...

... When he got run over first time out this season...

Looks as close to a good thing as you can get to me Aragorn - step up in trip sure to suit and has the class to take these.

The official link has been much better this evening,nothing like the buffering there was yesterday.

If they can provide a free link online for people to watch worldwide then why can't we for our big meetings?

Probably because we're too busy trying to sell the pictures and image rights to Hong Kong.

After Emcee bombing out plenty will be going on the chase here - no surprise to see Great Attack run well here for Wesley Ward with there likely to be plenty of early pace on and hopefully he'll be one of those finishing strongly.

I have the turf sprint between California Flag and Unbridled's Note. This is an odd track where course form is worth plenty and both of these have shown they act well round here.

I watched on the Daily Racing FOrm site last night - it worked fine for me via Facebook

Back