Breeder's Cup

Point of Entry looked the unlucky horse. Pretty sure he got cut up by St Nic early in the race and that might have cost him.

Its even worse on the replay - both SNA and Shareta poor rides. They were flying at the finish.

The annoying thing is it could of been predicted that it would happen before hand.

Young Joseph did'nt fancy talking to Nick luck after the race.

Last edited:
Fast Bullet for me - Baffert wouldn't step the horse up this much for the heck of it and impressive in his two victories at a much lower level.

That was some performance. A course record off a relatively slow opening quarter, faster than anything I've seen before.

I had a nice touch on Excelebration to be unplaced at 100/30 -after Welds horse was beaten last night I went to bed cursing my luck and determined to get the losses back today.That's never a healthy attitude for a gambler and I lost the plot today early on.If Kauto Stone hadn't won I would be reflecting on my stupidity for the next month.

Mucho Macho Man to get the cash back in the finale - overpriced relative to the favourite and should stay the trip here, would also make Mike Smith the winning most jockey in Breeders Cup history (think he's tied with Jerry Bailey at the min) :)

Going for a pace burnup too and Pool Play sweeping by at 70/1 on Betfair to take a shock victory - we're due another shock.

Martin

Some rather ropey riding from the European jockeys over the last two days . Often too far back and also failing to spot the old - never get boxed in on the rails on a tight track off a slow pace - rule .

Last edited:
The thoroughly likeable 5yo Wise Dan is the top rated horse in the US on both turf and dirt this year..... The time it took you to read this is about how far behind Frankel he is...

In a years time remind me to listen to you :o That was an awesome display. Young Joseph was exactly where he should have been never taking his eye of Wise Dan but when he made his move he couldn't do a thing about it.

No doubt Timeform will claim Excelebration ran below par but for me it was Wise Dan devastating move that burst him like a bubble just like Frankel did at Ascot.

Helluva horse and a red face for those of us who believe the uk media hype about Ecelebration being the 2nd best miler in the world......hope you were on.

Animal Kingdom was the eye catcher. I'll be backing him if he turns up for the Dubai world cup.

Wise Dan is a proper horse and should win horse of the year over there.

Animal Kingdom was the eye catcher. I'll be backing him if he turns up for the Dubai world cup.

Wise Dan is a proper horse and should win horse of the year over there.

Indeed , he is but Excelebration could not hold his place and did not pick up . There is no way in a million years that he ran to form . 13 days between the Breeders and Champions Day is just too short and it showed.

I'd agree with that but prior to his Ascot run he was much the same horse as Wise Dan on ratings.

I actually think Excelebration appreciates a bit of give in the ground and the ground was a touch quick.

Helluva horse and a red face for those of us who believe the uk media hype about Ecelebration being the 2nd best miler in the world......hope you were on.

there is no hype in what excelebration has achieved..its in the book

to judge him on this run would be having yourself on imo

he's been on the go all year..meets rock hard ground after travelling all the way over there and running round a glorified doggy track..just a couple of weeks after putting in his top performance at Ascot

He had the perfect sit, and travelled well enough to have every chance to produce, only folding in the final 1/2 furlong.
That he didn't explodes the insular myth of "2nd best miler in the world". On evidence thus far, he's no better than 4th in just 2 continents.

He had the perfect sit, and travelled well enough to have every chance to produce, only folding in the final 1/2 furlong.
That he didn't explodes the insular myth of "2nd best miler in the world". On evidence thus far, he's no better than 4th in just 2 continents.

doesn't explode anything for me..the form is worthless imo..as is most of the breeders cup nonsense re our horses

i'm surprised anyone puts store by this stuff..but we are all different and have our views;)

to see the actual worth of the form..if anyone values it.....Animal Kingdom is a 103 Beyer horse on his Derby win..with average improvement to 4yo he is probably a 108 horse..which equates to a 122 Timeform rating..which shows that Excelebration hasn't run near his best here..which isn't surprising given his top effort at Ascot a fortnight since. E has shown all his best form on an easier surface than what would have been a road here as well

its like judging Dancing Brave on his Breeders Turf run...which i suppose would apppeal to some readers of form..wouldn't for me though

joke racing for me at best

Last edited:
Excelebration is obviously a much better horse than any american horse that run at santa anita in the weekend

Obrien at this stage of the year tends to do bizarre things

St Nicholas Abbey cam too heavily campaigned and run to 3rd
if avoiding some targets in summer and with a fresh horse he could have won yesterday

St Nicholas Abbey cam too heavily campaigned and run to 3rd
if avoiding some targets in summer and with a fresh horse he could have won yesterday

Crazy programme that horse had. The Irish Champion and the Arc were races he was never going to win. Camelot should have been in the former rather than the Leger.

Back