Breeder's Cup

I think The Fugue is a penalty kick but for the last 2 years the best fillies in the race Midday and Misty For Me were unlucky losers.

Great call Stampy - threw a few quid on to clear the day - many thanks. Unlucky Luke - the rail is not the place to be in the turf races it seems.

Well done boys.I'm delighted I talked myself out of backing The Fugue but unfortunately I backed a couple of duds instead.

Hopefully it wasn't too costly Luke - always tomorrow, The Fugue got the Sky Lantern route and luck in there again.

Martin

Well done Martino, I went with her too! Clearly Gamla Stan is NOT doing his job as on course correspondent!

Nahrain way too keen in first time blinkers. The Fugue's run shows just how important using US jockeys is - its such a tight turf track.

Last edited:
Anyone with a view on this Ladies Classic?

Nothing for me here but if pushed I'd have to say it's not hard to see Royal Delta repeating last years victory.

Martin

All I can say to that is you must think I'm a slow reader :0) It should make an interesting watch though

The toughest call is will Excelebration handle the traveling and be at his best on the day?

The only link we have is when getting 3lbs Wise Dan beat Cityscape 4 lengths on ground that the Roger Charlton horse is not at his best on

Cityscape is more at home with cut in the ground and he had that when Excelebration beat him just as easily at Ascot off levels. On that basis Excelebration is probably a better horse than Wise which makes him well short of Frankel on ability.

Looks a nice horse but whether he can handle Excelebration if he turns up in the form he was in at Ascot remains to be seen

Royal Delta required to get the boys out...

Royal Delta for me too....

That turf course is an abomination and anyone that manages to make money on it is clearly just a clueless guesser.

Can you post your clueless guesses up again for tonight though please?

Excelebration was ultra-impressive in the QE11, but not nearly so much in the Marois. The former was run as a 2.5f sprint, while the pace in the latter picked up from around 5 out, and - at the rate this is likely to be run at - he may have trouble seeing it out, even around this sharp track.
Obviously will ensure that strong pace and, even though only a gp2 winner, that race was around this c/d and run in a better time than Goldikova ever managed - even though she won here twice on 'firm'.
Has the ideal berth to lead them all a merry dance, and at double figure odds in a 9 runner field, looks strong win & place material.

Last edited:
Back