Breeding and Bloodstock Sales

Can anyone confirm how much Solo was purchased for?

I read 750k, but that seems outrageously high for a NH horse.

Goldline Stud
2 hrs ·

Rathbarry Stud
3 hrs ·
‪One of our clients has a foster mare available ‬
‪If interested, please call Tim Holland on 0877973551‬
Shares appreciated!

‎JudyandAllan Munnis‎ to FOSTER MARES AND ORPHAN FOALS - The Foaling Hub.
8 hrs
Little foal taken to the bucket well ,but very lonely really needs a foster mum asap.Shes a thoroughbred and quite tall .
Tel 07803257311

A friend who is into pedigrees/breeding spotted this :
A filly named Duchess Of Sussex who was placed in a black-type race in America last week. She is by Palace Malice with granddam Archduchess:whistle:

Can anyone post the link to the recent yearling sale in Germany please so I can see the catalogue/results? Thank you. I've tried to search and all I can link to is an entry form :(

I was going to post this in the juvenile hurdlers thread but this thread does not get enough love so I will post it here instead. I spent this morning distracted by building a spreadsheet that looks ahead to the upcoming sales. Since I have been preoccupied with an amusing toy, it is only fair that I share some of the findings.

Looking exclusively at three-year-olds, here are the twenty-five highest rated lots with the winner-runner records in juvenile hurdles of the sires and the trainers as sources.

R05WOhU.png

Top twenty-five lots by sires with five or more juvenile hurdlers since 2008/09.

vr2yM9k.png

Top twenty-five lots by trainers whose horses competed in juvenile hurdles after leaving their yards since 2008/09

eBT1VM8.png

And because Tattersalls isn't the only sale in town, (figuratively... it's still the only sale in Newmarket), here are the twenty-five highest rated three-year-olds entered for the DBS sale.

41jKHUb.png

I can add to this finally - having aborted in a horrible fashion after the fireworks and had a horrible time after ( the phrase used was “ we had to rebuild her womb” ) I’m really happy to report that Grape is in foal, albeit it’s going to be a late one next year. Hopefully all will go well and despite all of us being convinced it’s a filly she’ll prove us wrong. [emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the phone to Weatherbys the other day as trying to name the 4 year old... you can not imagine the trials and tribulations of trying to come up with a name for him, well maybe some of you can, anyway, the conversation went as follows ( basically):
Me : Hi I was wondering if you could check for me availability of the following?
W( very nice lady bless her) : Sure, go ahead.
Me: He's A Muppet
W: (laughing), well yes subject to further checks, but is available.
Me : oh okay, no copyright issues there with the word 'muppet'.
W: err no I wouldn't think so.
Me: oh brill. How about Knobhead?
W: (more laughing) No don't think we would allow that.
Me: Really?
W: no don't think so.
Me: mmm but Fookal was allowed?
W: how are you spelling that?
Me: well I'm not actually as it were but it's spelt F-O - O - K - A -L
W: oh. well guessing that would be thought okay as was allowed.
Me: oh okay but I can't have Knobhead?
W: err no - ( more laughing)

Bless her, she knew I was just joshing(sort of....was very tempted) but I am still wondering how Fookal got through and I couldn't have Knobhead???

I ruled out Don't Call Me Basil as well as much as I was tempted! :)

I am really intrigued to know how Fookal got through? Commentators the other day struggling how to pronounce it without making it sound as the obvious.

In training with Mr Henderson at the moment is the Royal bred and owned Hamilton's Fantasy. An inspired piece of naming by the Queen as she's by Mount Nelson out of Romantic dream. She retains a healthy sense of humour.
Unfortunately she hasn't run nor is she mentioned in Henderson's stable tours: well bred though.

Real mixed bag for the online sale at Doncaster today. Have to think that quite a few of those not sold, would/might have if the sale had been as normal where personal interaction would have led to people being less reticent to bid.

Back