Breeding & Bloodstock 2013

Definitely not. Group 1 winner at 2,3,4 & 5, Derby runner up, Coronation Cup winner I hope he is a real sucess at stud. There are worse horses standing as flat stallions.

It was hardly his speed that forced connections to run him exclusively over staying trips for the past 2 seasons, was it?
He is on the NH roster for a reason.

Fame and Glory's fee now public at €5k.

Fame And Glory * * * * * €5,000
Getaway * * * * * * * * * * * * €3,500
Milan * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * €5,000
Oscar * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *€6,500
Vinnie Roe * * * * * * * * * * *€2,500

Beeches Stud

Ask * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *€2,500
Flemensfirth * * * * * * * * *€10,000
Gold Well * * * * * * * * * * * * €5,000
Mahler * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *€2,500
Mountain High * * * * * * *€2,000
Sans Frontieres * * * * * * *€2,500

Castlehyde Stud

Scorpion * * * * * * * * * * * *€5,000
Westerner * * * * * * * * * *€4,000
Yeats * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *€6,000*

Dick Turpin will be arriving back at the National Stud very late on 10th January.
Once he has completed his 2 weeks isolation he will be on show at the Tattersalls/ TBA Stallion Parade on 7th February.

Camacho to Mickley stud. He's well bred, looks the part and gets fast early types. He's not expensive, he will be popular I think.

Anyone seen any of Vale of Yorks first crop ?

Jeremy to Garryrichard, writing was on the wall for a while, great pedigree, lovely looking horse, his progeny didn't do the business on the flat (too big probably)

First foals for Canford, Uncle Mo and Cape Blanco on the ground now too.

On a much more sombre note, Micheal Buckely of Kildangan/Darley passed away on Saturday at only 45. He was a great pleasure to do business with and I'm sure will be sorely missed in the bloodstock industry.

On a much more sombre note, Micheal Buckely of Kildangan/Darley passed away on Saturday at only 45. He was a great pleasure to do business with and I'm sure will be sorely missed in the bloodstock industry.

Sorry to hear this - a very nice man.

Last edited:
Having been on a bit of a stallion tour over the past few weeks...

Casamento - good walk, bit common about the head and a not overly good shoulder or knee. Apparently proving very popular.

Helmet - just can't see how they think he is commercial. Good looker if a little long overall.

Henrythenavigator - attitude in buckets the day we saw him. Wouldn't stand up or walk properly spending most of his time on his back legs or munching his handlers arm. Very good looker, quite rangy but well proportioned.

Power - shockingly bad front legs, especially his knees. Rather plain.

Requinto - rivals Roderic O'Connor in the midget stallion stakes. Well put together in a small package (I might have been thinking about polo ponies instead of racehorses when looking at him...)

So You Think - big imposing horse, pretty correct. Very laid back and a good mover. Nice low swinging action.

Dragon Pulse - handy enough, bit heavy behind and straight through the hock.

Famous name - has his battle scars and looks like a horse whose had a lot of racing. Quite rangy/wiry. Will improve massively visually when he lets down I think. You kind of have to admire him as an ultra consistent old campaigner.

Born to sea - good looking if a little light of bone. Not the best walker.

Back