Breeding & Bloodstock 2013

Bought a 2 yo filly that they were getting ready for the breeze ups out of thrice raced 84 rated maiden winner. The filly is by Sakhee....is he completely out of fashion? She goes well.

Bought a 2 yo filly that they were getting ready for the breeze ups out of thrice raced 84 rated maiden winner. The filly is by Sakhee....is he completely out of fashion? She goes well.

"I'm cutting down on horses in training".....? ;)

You're as bad as me!

Sakhee is quite out of favour but is a useful producer. In that type range I'll take a Kodiac or an Acclamation first.

I'm guessing you bought him to race so it doesn't really matter what the fickle world of bloodstock fashion thinks. 84 is a decent place to start and Sakhee and can get a good one. Good Luck.

Thanks Miesque and Sheikh, she's been on the quiet list since the bad weather hit but she's very correct and has a lovely willing attitude. She was cheap enough again like all the others but I've been very lucky so you would never know.

There's a big lump of a Moss Vale colt available that I like. How did he do last year?

If you like it, get it - youve had enough to know what might work out ok and lifes too short, how would you feel if you dont and he turns out to be really good??!! ;)

Day one of the new National Hunt season means Beneficial is officially crowned leading jumps sire for 2012-13, 2nd Oscar,3rd King's Theatre.

Very pleased to report that CHAMPAGNE BABE sluiced up on her racecourse debut at Thirsk today. Always thought a lot of the filly from day I foaled her. And just grateful she was bought by Keith Dalgleish and has rewarded him with a win.

Thanks all!

The mare's first two were colts by poor stallions, so sent her to CAPTAIN RIO as horse I could afford that was proven and I know can throw a decent looker as well as runners. We sent SONGSHEET to him in his first season and had a stunning filly by him that Jo Foley bought as a foal at the sales - he was convinced she'd be a star. Sadly, she broke a leg as a yearling and that was that. Think we all know what a long road it is before they even get a sniff of a racecourse, let alone win. That's the first one I've bred that's won first time out, too. Picked the mare out by her page - struck me as interesting that a HERNANDO could win well as a 2yo and fast times at that. Haven't covered the mare since that 2yo and needed to see how market went and if she could do business but she'll go back to stud now!

well done, Rio does well at a very reasonable fee ,would have used him this year but he didn't come back from NZ

Probably her last foal, SONGSHEET finally foaled a colt last night by HELVELLYN again. It was a quicker and easier foaling than last year and mare has come out of it pretty well, considering her age. Maybe not quite as big as last year's but still a very decent size and she went two days short of a full year...

OCEANICO DOT COM was covered within five days of landing at Buckland House and so should be scanned week Wednesday. Again has gone to HELVELLYN true gamble season...!

And now back to sitting up but this time for an imminent pedigree British Blue cow......zzzz

From a combined total of 23 runners in today's Oaks and tomorrow's Derby, only four are free from Sadler's Wells blood. The majority of that comes through Galileo (12 male-line, one as broodmare sire).

If it's true that the winning post at Epsom "shapes the breed", then the breed is about 16 hands high, bay with a white stripe.

First €100,000 sale of the Derby Sale goes to Paul Nicholls, bought with Highflyer. A son of Flemensfirth from Stow Stud (Lot 29)

Dan Skelton went to £50,000 to acquire daughter of Network called At The Top

Last edited:
Back