Champion Hurdle 2013

Yes, they're still the Mackeson, Massey Ferguson, Black & White, Benson & Hedges, Schweppes, Whitbread, etc to me too.

Thank goodness for the Hennessy.

"What's that coming over the hill is it a monster, is it a monster???"

Go Native hacks up to continue his rehabilitation and march to CH glory. All the the 50's now gone. You were all told :whistle:

Go Native just doesn't fancy it when it gets tough..... I couldn't back him again. Plus he'll be 10 come Cheltenham. Sea Pigeon was the last to do it. Is he that good?....

Go Native just doesn't fancy it when it gets tough..... I couldn't back him again. Plus he'll be 10 come Cheltenham. Sea Pigeon was the last to do it. Is he that good?....

Of course he's not..he could pick up a soft Grade 1 somewhere, maybe one of the ones mentioned above.. If he were to get to the CH in one piece he might scrape a place. 50's was an insult though...

313D Dobbins & Madigans Morgiana H'dle (Grade 1)
€48,000.00 ( 2m - 4yo+ )[MAX 22]
FIRST FORFEIT: 13-NOV-12
SUPPLEMENTARY ENTRY: 13-NOV-12
NHFrm
55235 1 Blackstairmountain (WPMullins) - . . 11,10
-5231 2 Captain Cee Bee(152) (EPHarty) - . ... 11,10
821f3 3 Fosters Cross(140) (TMullins) - . ....... 11,10
1-0/- 4 Go Native (NMeade) - . ...................... 11,10
1-131 5 Hurricane Fly(173) (WPMullins) - . .... 11,10
p1231 6 Miley Shah(139) (JPKenny) - . ........... 11,10
11-13 7 Monksland(145) (NMeade) - . ............ 11,10
1 8 Rule The World (GB) (MFMorris) - . . 11,10
11-19 9 So Young (FR)(157) (WPMullins) - . .. 11,10
-21-3 10 Staying Article(143) (EJO'Grady) - . .. 11,10
23114 11 Thousand Stars (FR)(163)
(WPMullins) - . ............. 11,10
18225 12 Zaidpour (FR)(162) (WPMullins) - . .... 11,10
21219 13 Hisaabaat(143) (DKWeld) - . .............. 11,07
1/-11 14 Tarla (FR) (WPMullins) - . .................. 11,03
411-4 15 Unaccompanied(155) (DKWeld) - . ... 11,03
1-222 16 Voler La Vedette(157) (CAMurphy) -
. ................................... 11,03

After the morgiana Sunday the CH picture is looking as open as I can remember.The Fly Is as short as 4's after that and Go native as large as 16.i wasn't really impressed by Zarkandarr lto to be honest.I would be interested to see where Darlan goes next,probably the fighting fifth?He needs a strongly run affair though IMO.hmmmmmm.........

Last edited:
I thought Zarkandar was more impressive than Hurricane Fly . Always had something up his sleeve and carrying a big weight on speedier track than Cheltenham it was an excellent effort.

Wasn't impressed with the Hurricane either. He's very skinny considering regaining a crown lost is harder than just defending it. I like Zarkandar but his price has gone and that leaves Grandouet amongst the sensibly priced ones (Rock on Ruby doesn't look like a two time champion to me and the Supreme Novice horses are short considering that race didn't look a great renewal).

Wasn't impressed with the Hurricane either. He's very skinny considering regaining a crown lost is harder than just defending it. I like Zarkandar but his price has gone and that leaves Grandouet amongst the sensibly priced ones (Rock on Ruby doesn't look like a two time champion to me and the Supreme Novice horses are short considering that race didn't look a great renewal).

the thing with Rock On Ruby is he could be a two time winner if the race is a real test..which wouldn't be hard for connections to arrange..i know if he were mine there would be a lead horse that went just faster than par and sit him just off it..as seen last year at the last hurdle..his stamina kicked in after he looked like getting swamped

he was a worthy winner and with similar tactics could run the finish out of all the kick late oppo

he was a worthy winner and with similar tactics could run the finish out of all the kick late oppo

It's possible but I think he went under the radar last year and the same mistake won't be made again. Grandouet's win from Overturn in the International reads almost as well as the Champion so I prefer the Henderson horse at a bigger price.

On the formbook, not quite. Overturn was giving 4lbs in the International and beaten about same distance as by ROR. Line through Brampour is against Grandouet too

But i like Grandouet and think theres more to come for sure.

Grandouet will start woofing when it gets tough.

Not for me.

There is no evidence at all that he is is prone to this. He did travel like the winner in the Triumph but he's grown up since then.

Hardy Eustace didnt look a two time winner and look what happened

True that. Just have this thing with Rock on Ruby that everything fell right for him last March and it's unlikely to again.

He hasnt been strongly tested since then. He doesnt look like a battler, although that can sometimes be deceiving,

Donald McCain has put Cinders and Ashes defeat down to the ground conditions. Today's race might indicate that it wasn't a great Supreme Novices last year.

Anchor the Supreme form around Prospect Wells, and I agree CL - they look well short of what's going to be needed in open company. Might be too hasty to take an entirely literal view, though. The trifling-matter of Darlan not actually finishing the race apart, he did look like be was going to run Zarkander close iat Newbury. I'll reserve judgment on him for the moment.

Donald McCain has put Cinders and Ashes defeat down to the ground conditions. Today's race might indicate that it wasn't a great Supreme Novices last year.

i thought he would struggle in the ground..to be fair the SN was run on completely different ground so am not yet convinced the SN isn't that good.

I thought he'd handle the ground but clearly he didn't. I noticed earlier he's gone out to 17/1 but I for one wouldn't be that quick to judge I'd lay him. He's a much better horse than we saw today and I reckon he'll bounce back and end up half those odds.

Back