Champion Hurdle 2013

I'll be looking in here briefly this week... be lucky!

Champion Hurdle Grade 1 (4yo+) 2m ½f
Serious contenders should have won, or nearly won, their last race prior to the Champion and be the right side of eight, rather than older (one of the past 11 winners was 9). Those that have won or been placed at the Festival before do well. Eight favourites have won in the past 21 renewals. The ill-fated Darlan was the choice this year. In his absence it is difficult to pick holes in Hurricane Fly although on the day Binocular can be expected to run to a similar standard, but age is against both. Last year’s winner Rock On Ruby has done nothing wrong, although the suspicion was that Darlan had his measure before coming to grief last time. The 6yos Zarkandar and Grandouet could improve sufficiently to challenge.

Selections:
1) Rock On Ruby 2) Binocular (e.w.) 3) Hurricane Fly 4) Zarkandar

Previous winners
2012 Rock On Ruby 7 11/1
2011 Hurricane Fly 7 11/4 fav
2010 Binocular 6 9/1
2009 Punjabi 6 22/1
2008 Katchit 5 10/1
2007 Sublimity 7 16/1
2006 Brave Inca 8 7/4 fav
2005 Hardy Eustace 8 7/2 joint-fav
2004 Hardy Eustace 7 33/1
2003 Rooster Booster 9 9/2
2002 Hors La Loi III 7 10/1

Last edited:
1. Rock on Ruby
2. The Fly (won't go past him up the hill)
3. Zarkandar/Binocular

Rock on Ruby loves Cheltenham, loves the festival...only a nose separates him from being a dual festival winner and will be absolutely spot on again today. He won it convincingly last year and I think will win narrowly again. He has a very similar profile to Hardy Eustace.

Just spotted this, Tanlic.

No hard feelings, mate. Hope you have a successful week - though equally, I also sincerely hope that Hurricane Fly fires a harpoon right into your jacksie. :D
Tis Cool! All the best to you too mate been here before and you know the score.......stick to you guns and remember the motto: They are always right when they get it wrong and always wrong when they get it right:D

Back