Champion Hurdle 2013

Grandouet was well beaten on Soft/Heavy on his first two starts in France, and whilst he did win on Soft on his third outing, none of the horses he beat that day has ever gone on to win a race.

You are absolutely f*cking dreaming if you think that Soft ground will suit Grandouet more than others in the Champion Hurdle. There is zero evidence to support this, and posts like yours are dangerously misleading.....or at least they would be if anyone paid a blind bit of notice to them. :D
How's this for evidence from Barry you wally :p as you said follow Fist he knows :D

The Stan James Champion Hurdle (3.20) is the big one on the opening day and I’m expecting a top-class performance from GRANDOUET.

He handled testing ground very well when we were second to Zarkandar in the International Hurdle at Cheltenham in December. We were beaten a couple of lengths but were trying to give the winner 4lb which isn’t the case now.

Although I haven’t ridden him at home recently I have seen him work and school and couldn’t have been any happier with the way he’s performed.

I’m expecting to be right in the action at the last and I have no doubt that he’ll fight his way up the hill.

If he runs like a cow it wasn't me who posted it was marble ok? :)

How's this for evidence from Barry you wally :p as you said follow Fist he knows :D

The Stan James Champion Hurdle (3.20) is the big one on the opening day and I’m expecting a top-class performance from GRANDOUET.

He handled testing ground very well when we were second to Zarkandar in the International Hurdle at Cheltenham in December. We were beaten a couple of lengths but were trying to give the winner 4lb which isn’t the case now.

Although I haven’t ridden him at home recently I have seen him work and school and couldn’t have been any happier with the way he’s performed.

I’m expecting to be right in the action at the last and I have no doubt that he’ll fight his way up the hill.

If he runs like a cow it wasn't me who posted it was marble ok? :)

That is opinion, not evidence. ;)

21 pages of threads and im more confused than ever but here goes. 1.grandouet 2.zarkandar 3.the fly

No wonder your confused with people talking so much rubbish about Grandouet and Nicky babbling on about how much he fancies Binocular.

Then hesays this:

"If anyone got the 40/1 that Grandouet drifted out earlier then well done them as there is nothing wrong with him" "He worked well today with River Maigue and Une Artiste over 9f and everything went tickite boo. His second place giving weight to Zarkandar is on paper the best piece of form in the race this season" "Binocular’s run in Ireland was alright as he needed it and he’s fit and well but I could do with better ground for him"

The mind boggles

Last edited:
will grandouet and zarkander not be similair to harchibald and hardy eustace though with the battler again prevailing?and yes im arguing with myself:-)

One thing i am certain of is im bloody well lookin forward to tomorrow!its the only day i managed to get off work and im going to enjoy it:-) :-)

1. Hurricane Fly
2. Zarkandar
3. Rock on Ruby

So much talk on the thread. If ands buts maybes. As I've mentioned before, I'm just waiting for the fly to edge it from Zarkandar and of course it'll have been the worst champion hurdle in 10 years.

I went in for one last hit on Grandouet tonight at 8/1. No back-up plan because I missed the big prices about Ruby and can't bring myself to save at 9/2. If the G-man doesn't win impressively I'll just have to accept he isn't the beast I believed him to be.

1. Grandouet
2. Rock On Ruby
3. Zarkandar

One thing i am certain of is im bloody well lookin forward to tomorrow!its the only day i managed to get off work and im going to enjoy it:-) :-)

Aye. enjoy it.
We'll be hard pressed to see 3 better races throughout the rest of the week.

quality thread again...normally the highlight of the chats we have during the winter...can't wait..feel like a kid waiting for Christmas:cool:

Last edited:
Back