Champion Hurdle 2014

just to put some meat on the age argument re 5yo & 10 yo

in the last 15 years 46 5yo's have run in the CH...the average price was 44/1...one horse won..which shows that when actual chance of winning is taken into account..its a non stat

in the same period only 5 10yo's ran...none won...but only 5 have tried..hardly a large sample

Plenty of 5yo have run and been placed in the Champion Hurdles .Countrywide Flame who only won his Triumph Hurdle by a hard ridden 3L = Nowhere near the ability of Our Conor= 15L

Yeah we've both reached that age I guess . no longer are we the Adonis like Gods .I'm more like a beat up ROCKY after being 'mashed up' by Apollo Creed.

Hello guys, new 2 this, but fwiw i don't think any of us really know who'll win this years CH. Sure 'The champ' has a big chance but let's face it he's not in the same class as Istabraq. If Dessie is campaigning Our Conor like he did Hardy Eustace he'd be dangerous, if ya thought the rest weren't as gutless as harchibald. If The New One jumps at 2m championship pace he wins, has he ever before? Personally i thought the race would be run similiar to Rooster's but liam cooper on intersky falcon will not be replaced by paul townend on UDS. So 2 conclud we'll probably all get chinned Jetski in a 1st time hood. I just hope it's a 'humdinger' run off a strong pace, may the best horse win. One 2 savor.

Does anyone have a note of how far from the line the final flight is on the old & new courses?

It isn't the same course at that stage, is it?

Firstly , thanks for the post and being brave enough to look like a twit. I've read your words 3 times now and I conclude that you think that Our Conor will win . Welcome aboard Secretariat.

If you've only backed MTOY and nothing else then he's your pick. I'm on Our Conor at 7's and 5's win and e/w , Hurricane Fly @ 4'S win only and jezki @12'S e/w included in multis across 55 bets.
Good luck with MTOY

Last edited:
If you've only backed MTOY and nothing else then he's your pick. I'm on Our Conor at 7's and 5's win and e/w , Hurricane Fly @ 4'S win only and jezki @12'S e/w included in multis across 55 bets.
Good luck with MTOY

Holy sh#t bro, i watch racing but i bet MTOY when my Mrs's bookies (she manages a local shop) were goin 7-1 on MTOY on a 'price enhancer', about 5 weeks ago. At the prices, i got stuck in. Would u not?

If you read through the thread long enough you'll see why some dudes would have backed Thousand Stars with a bit of a price enhancer hahaha.
No one has a clue.

Last edited:
This is a hard race form-wise to work out, in theory any of the first 4 could win this race.

I've backed against the the front four with Melodic Rendezvous, who will love a good gallop at Chelteham.

I'd back Hurricane Fly at 6/1, as I would with Our Connor, My Tent Or Yours', or The New One.

Right now the bookies must be laughing at punters, prepared to back the front four at 4/1 and under.

Its a feckin horse race, Melodic Rendezvous has done nothing wrong really apart fron getting injured at the dog track Gosforth Park, came back strong since and will get himself in the first three provided the ground isn't firm.

Everytime I check oddschecker I cannot beleive what I'm seeing.

Last edited:
Back