Champion Hurdle 2014

Interesting article on Racing Post Jan 10 re Champion Hurdle.
The nub of the article was that winner is the one that jumps best and makes no mistake.
Taking that reference Hurricane Fly and Our Connor are the two to take against the rest according to the author, with preference for Our Connor.

Cee Bee to make the running, Jezki to run in his slip stream with OC and HF tracking them in that order. Jezki to get pushed along coming round final bend. OC and HF to come there swinging approaching the last, HF to find a better turn of pace on the heavy going to beat OC by a length.

OC price to shorten in the aftermath and win the Champion in March.

You heard it here first!

Last edited:
The Fly apparently bruised a foot during the week, but will allegedly take his chance on Sunday.

Hoss will be the fkin death of me.

Natch, I was fully aware this would cause fishwife dentures to rattle......further evidence of THE FEAR.

Appreciate it doesn't look good.

C'est la guerre.

Mullins wouldn't run him if there was an issue - the horse has too much previous for that - and I'd say there are likely no excuses on Sunday.

That said, if he were to run palpably below his best, and only won....say....the three lengths, I may take a more pessimistic view, but for the moment, I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Smoke me a kipper. :cool:

hasn't drifted too much on betfair. as grass said. i'm sure mullins has faith he's fine now. i guess there's no true way of knowing till sunday though.

I really hope they let Annie Power take her chance in the Champion Hurdle. She would add even more intrigue and excitement to an already very high class renewal of the race.

She is pure class. But won't win a Champion, the clue was in her first run against Zarkandar.
Run her in the World Willie.

Provided she jumps a fence OK, which was Willie Mullins intention when he got her, whatever she does over hurdles this season is a bonus - and what a bonus. Whilst the World Hurdle looks a softer target, she deserves her place in the Champion ..

Back