Champion Hurdle 2014

I think the idea that she briefly appeared to be off the bridle 2 out - means nothing IMO on her first run.

Against Zarkandar on the 'quickest ground' she has encountered. She has since beat him up again on softer, and today tells us she has 4 legs.
Throw her in the Champion on the back of that, potentially on Good/Soft, against speedier horses than Zarkandar, she won't know what day of the week it is.
She is a class horse and if ground turned up Soft/Heavy then I could see her picking up some pieces late on and maybe running in to a place.

I think the idea that she briefly appeared to be off the bridle 2 out - means nothing IMO on her first run.

She's never needed a prep-race previously, and has improved her RPR every time she's run, regardless of gap between races. She was a damn sight more than "briefly off the bridle" too, and over a stiffish 2.5 against a horse who wouldn't be the quickest in training.
Sincerely doubt she'll run in the Champion, and be amazed if she'd even have the speed to place.

I wonder, if she goes for the World Hurdle will people start to question her chances of staying the trip given that 2m5 is the furthest she's won over ?

Big difference between that and nearly half a mile further as Oscar Whiskey would no doubt testify.

FWIW I don't think it would be a problem and believe she'd win either that race or the mares but would personally prefer to see her line up in the big one.

Yeah I think wilson that certainly if anything it looks like she will thrive at the longer trip if anything and personally if she lines up in the world id have her as my banker of the week!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Can't see anything other than an exact repeat of the RyanAir placings here, and the forecast (pays around 2/!) has the look of a laydown.

Our Conor to be hailed the next 'himself'. Prepare for an awesome display. Price will be slashed from 8/1 > 5/4 FAV.

Last edited:
Our Conor to be hailed the next 'himself'. Prepare for an awesome display. Price will be slashed from 8/1 > 5/4 FAV.
the market doesn't think so. horrendous drift.

and the only way anybody would be made 5/4 for this champion would be if they happened to sprout wings during the race

Last edited:
I'm still keeping the faith.Our Conor is not fully fit. Carried condition and that was seen in the parade ring. Add another 5L improvement ,will beat Hurricane Fly by 3L. in the Champion Hurdle. I'm going in deep.

McCoy ride?
non trier?
or avoiding traffic

I cant see any of this field winning the big one in March
was off the bridle early. seems to me he lacks the pace and hurdling ability to win a top class 2m hurdle race. OC improved from his last run and is a much bigger danger at cheltenham. along with the english crew + annie power/un de sceaux if they turn up.

Back